The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I don't think I know him personally well enough to go so far as to say something like I think he is incapable of caring about other people who are close to him.

However....this is a man who decided that the most appropriate thing he could comment on about his new infant daughter was whether she would get her moms awesome boobs. Later he mentions, publicly, that he would like to bang her "if she wasn't his daughter".

So I am not at all reticent in noting that there is something deeply broken about the man and how he relates to other human beings he would normally have an emotional bond with under normal expectations. Very, very broken.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

LaCroix

agree something is "broken" (broken implies it's malfunctioning -- perhaps he is simply a precursor to the next stage of human evolution)

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Donald seems like a giant manbaby who constantly needs reassurance that he's a great at everything and that people love him. The Saturday Women's March protest made him sad and angry because those people don't like him. And he made his staffers clap for him during the CIA speech :lol:

Donald needs his safe spaces because he's constantly triggered by criticism. He's the ultimate stereotype of a millennial. Such irony :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on January 24, 2017, 11:04:11 AM
I don't think I know him personally well enough to go so far as to say something like I think he is incapable of caring about other people who are close to him.

However....this is a man who decided that the most appropriate thing he could comment on about his new infant daughter was whether she would get her moms awesome boobs. Later he mentions, publicly, that he would like to bang her "if she wasn't his daughter".

So I am not at all reticent in noting that there is something deeply broken about the man and how he relates to other human beings he would normally have an emotional bond with under normal expectations. Very, very broken.

Well, duh!   :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Drakken

Quote from: Berkut on January 24, 2017, 11:04:11 AM

While we are not psychologists and thus not able to diagnose anything, we can infer stuff. That Trump has at least a Narcissistic Personality Disorder would not be too off the mark - because he lays it all evidently in front of our eyes. This man rides on ego-protection.

I mean, who in the right mind, would enter in what amounts to a dick-size contest with Obama on his own inauguration day, on national and international media, and flat out invent facts to win without caring on how much humiliation it'll garner him? He simply cannot accept to be second-best, even on something so trivial, and is ready to bend the rules and social norms to accomplish even this. Hence, this person is diagnosable.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Solmyr

Quote from: merithyn on January 24, 2017, 10:34:33 AM
Okay. I'll agree with that. I think it's a combination thereof. The Press and The Intelligence Community are the Bad People(tm) whom he revels in their distaste. But it's incredibly important to him to believe that THA PEEPLE adore him. He has to believe that the masses think he's great.

FYP.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on January 24, 2017, 09:21:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 22, 2017, 08:21:31 PM
Thing is, if there's one person who would be the least impressed, affected or otherwise influenced by protesters, it would be President Donald J. Trump.

I completely disagree with this. Trump hates the idea that people don't like him. It's why he has to believe that he won the popular vote, why he couldn't bring himself to fire Lewandowski, etc. He cannot stand the idea that people don't like him, so he creates a reality where they do. He doesn't actually care about these people so much as he cares that these people adore him.

I didn't make myself clear: Trump's decision-making process is not going to be affected by protesters.  He's going to do what he wants to do--and if there's anybody that questions it, he doubles down and does what wants to do and then take it to 11, just to make a point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on January 24, 2017, 01:19:42 PM
While we are not psychologists and thus not able to diagnose anything, we can infer stuff. That Trump has at least a Narcissistic Personality Disorder would not be too off the mark - because he lays it all evidently in front of our eyes. This man rides on ego-protection.

I mean, who in the right mind, would enter in what amounts to a dick-size contest with Obama on his own inauguration day, on national and international media, and flat out invent facts to win without caring on how much humiliation it'll garner him? He simply cannot accept to be second-best, even on something so trivial, and is ready to bend the rules and social norms to accomplish even this. Hence, this person is diagnosable.

I posted it once, I'll post it again:  Michael Lewis' review in the NYT for his book, dated September 2, 1990. 

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/02/books/trump-fights-back.html

Just another example of Shit We've Known About Donald For Decades.

And as an added bonus--since it's apparent that only Minsky and I were reading it at the time--VF's archives of Spy magazine's hilariously relentless War on Trump in the late '80s and early '90s.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/08/spy-vs-trump

God, I miss that magazine.  That, and The Nose:lol:

Zoupa

Ed Anger

I'd hang the Melania nudes on the wall.

Prime Minister, this is my snatch. I bang it bigly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

Admiral Yi