And we're back!

Main Menu

The latest news on Michael Jackson

Started by Barrister, July 06, 2009, 11:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

This just in:

Michael Jackson is still dead.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 06, 2009, 11:33:37 AM
Newsflash! Michael Jackson to be buried without his brain!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/2009/07/05/michael-jackson-to-be-buried-without-his-brain-115875-21495043/

I like how the article ends with the most totally useless fact.

QuoteMICHAEL Jackson starred as the Scarecrow in The Wiz, the 1978 musical version of  The Wizard of Oz – playing the character without a brain opposite Diana Ross as Dorothy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I was scared of the scene in The Wiz where the trashcans try to eat them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Which color Dorothy was hotter?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on July 06, 2009, 12:23:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 06, 2009, 11:19:55 AM
This just in:

Michael Jackson is still dead.

So is McNamara :contract:

As is Generalissimo Francisco Franco, for that matter.  -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

From the Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1197780/Ghost-Michael-Jackson-caught-camera-pacing-corridors-Neverland.html

Quote from: Daily Mail on July 06, 2009, 11:19:55 AM

'Ghost' of Michael Jackson caught on camera pacing the corridors of Neverland

By Julian Gavaghan
Last updated at 1:39 PM on 06th July 2009

Everyone loves a ghost story.

But only the most one-eyed of Michael Jackson fans could see anything in the latest supposedly creepy goings-on at Neverland.

Footage from a TV crew's tour of the King Of Pop's now deserted ranch, which appeared on the respected Larry King show in the US, has been seized on by believers of the supernatural.

They are trying to persuade YouTube visitors that a shadow filmed in one of the unending hallways is actually Jacko's ghostly presence.

The alleged sighting is the latest in a string of bizarre rumours to emerge after his death nearly two weeks ago.

These include reports the late singer will tour the world via hologram and that he will be buried without his brain.

Neither Miko Brando - the son of screen legend Marlon - nor his cameraman noticed the spectre during their trip to the California ranch.

But after it was posted on YouTube, rumours have spread like wildfire across the internet.

Viewer comments and chat forums have debated in earnest the possibility that the shadow belongs to Jackson himself.

Jackson was a huge fan of JM Barrie's Peter Pan, the little boy who never grew up (as the name of his ranch suggests) and lost his shadow before Wendy sewed it back on.

On YouTube, one user said: 'Yes, that is MJ, even the hair style silhouette everything..!! Immortal!'

Another wrote: 'That is so weird. I have played it over five times now and I have to admit that it does resemble MJ. I can't believe I am saying that actually. It's his image.'

But others were not so convinced.

'It is the shadow of a TV crew person in the room, idiot people. Get a grip... that's not genuine ghost footage!' wrote tubs1000.

MadImmortalMan

Looks like the reflection of a person walking by behind the camera reflecting off the glass and then the camera lens. Meh. You knew shit like this would happen though. Elvis haunts Graceland too, right?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 06, 2009, 01:20:46 PM
Looks like the reflection of a person walking by behind the camera reflecting off the glass and then the camera lens. Meh. You knew shit like this would happen though. Elvis haunts Graceland too, right?

Elvis is still alive.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

I think I mentioned this before, but I still miss Bill Clinton:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090707/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_haiti_bill_clinton_jackson

Quote"He was an immensely gifted man and I think he basically meant well," Clinton told The Associated Press. "I know about all the trouble he had in his life and I hope he will be remembered for his contribution as an artist. I hope his children turn out well. That would be the greatest tribute you could have."

Yowch  :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Josephus on July 06, 2009, 04:30:19 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 06, 2009, 01:20:46 PM

Elvis is still alive.
The king is not dead. He just went home.
PDH!