News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The latest news on Michael Jackson

Started by Barrister, July 06, 2009, 11:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

:lmfao: Ironically I literally just now got off the phone to have that functionality: tested.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 12:09:20 PM
Ironically I literally just now got off the phone to have that functionality: tested.  :blush:

They do that over the phone now?  :o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on July 08, 2009, 12:14:42 PMThey do that over the phone now?  :o
Yes.  On a note which may or may not be related, I need to find some Kleenex. :(

Caliga

:lmfao:

QuoteMichael Jackson 'tried to adopt Nadya Suleman's octuplets'
Michael Jackson tried to adopt Nadya Suleman's octuplets just months before he died, it has been reported.

Published: 9:05AM BST 03 Jul 2009

The King of Pop is alleged to have offered to pay Miss Suleman to look after her children.

According to her publicist, Victor Munoz, he promised her children "wouldn't need for anything" for he turned down the "creepy" offer on her behalf.

The 50 year-old singer, who died last week after a suspected heart attack, has three children – Prince, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Prince Michael II, known as Blanket.

But Munoz claims he was called three times by the star's representatives who asked questions about Miss Suleman and told him Jackson wanted to help.

Jackson is also said to have called personally. He was apparently concerned by reports that Miss Suleman, 33, an unemployed single mother who already has six other children, was planning on putting the octuplets up for adoption.

Malia, Jonah, Isaiah, Nariah, Jeremiah, McCai, Josiah and Noah were the product of IVF and were born in January.

Their mother admitted on network television that she was "struggling" and her mother, Angela, openly criticised her decision to have more children as "unconscionable".

According to Munoz, speaking to the Daily Mirror, Jackson told him "Blanket would love to have more siblings".

"I could take care of all the babies, they could live with me and wouldn't need for anything. They would have a bright future," he is said to have told him.

"I want to take care of Nadya. She will be happy and won't have to worry about caring for her children any more."

Munoz said he had received many hoax calls since the news broke, making headlines around the world, and initially thought the calls were a wind-up.

"When the person on the end of the line said 'Hi it's Michael Jackson' I was a bit taken aback. Michael wanted to know how the babies were, how Nadya was coping," he said.

"He then said he could take care of the children if Nadya couldn't. It was creepy. He was basically offering to buy the children. I was a bit shocked.

"Michael clearly thought Nadya was unfit and decided he wanted to help those children."

Munoz, a former estate agent who has since fallen out with Suleman, claims the first contact made by the Jackson camp was by an aide in February.

"The man asked how Nadya was holding up, how the children were and said that his client wanted to help. The conversation meant nothing to me, my head was overloaded with all the calls coming in," he said.

He said that several days later, he received a call from a man claiming to be Jackson's attorney.

"It was more of the same. This guy was asking about the family and how everything was going. I thought it was weird they kept calling, I realised they were trying to become friendly. To me that meant they wanted something," he said.

The third call came from Jackson himself, he claims.

"Afterwards I went on to YouTube to listen to Michael Jackson's voice. I couldn't believe he had called me directly," he said.

"A number of people, some celebrities, had asked about adopting but none had called me in person. The implication was that if Nadya decided to give the kids up Michael Jackson wanted to be first in line.

"It wasn't as if he was trying to broker a deal there and then. But he made it clear he wanted to adopt them. He sounded genuine. He was genuinely concerned about the children. He asked if they were all going to be healthy.

"But I just blew it off. I knew Nadya would never want to get rid of her kids so it wasn't important."

He said that the final call came two days later, from an aide.

"This guy was really giving me the sales pitch," he said. "It was almost like I was supposed to take the hint. He told me Michael could make Nadya happy, he said she would be compensated."

He admitted he never told Miss Suleman about Jackson's offer and stopped working for her in March.

"I was going to tell her about the calls. It was all kind of a joke. She would have loved it as she gets star-struck," he said. "But we had started arguing a lot by this time. It was like working with a child, she was completely draining."

Valmy

Holy shit that is hilarious.  That is right out of a comedy routine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

:yes: It really does sound like an SNL skit, doesn't it?

Hell, there's a good chance it's not true, but it's still amusing.

Caliga

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! :o

QuoteJoe Jackson: "Omer Bhatti is Michael's Secret Son"
KTLA News
8:36 AM PDT, July 30, 2009

LOS ANGELES -- Joe Jackson has confirmed that a 25-year-old aspiring rapper from Norway, is actually Michael Jackson's fourth child.

In an interview posted on NewsOne.com, Joe Jackson talks about Omer Bhatti and told the reporter that he knew Michael had another child.

"Yes, I knew he had another son, yes I did," Jackson said in the video.

He also discussed Bhatti's dancing abilities and his resemblence to the Jackson clan. "He looks like a Jackson, acts like a Jackson, can dance like a Jackson," he said.

As a child, Bhatti often traveled with Jackson and even lived at the singer's Neverland ranch.

Court records show Bhatti was living at Neverland when authorities raided the estate in 2003 looking for evidence of child molestation.

Bhatti was briefly interviewed by investigators and was initially on the defense's list of prospective witnesses.

But he was never asked to testify.

At Jackson's memorial at Staples, Bhatti was prominently seated in the front row next to the pop star's children and siblings.

Bhatti is also said to be seeking a DNA test to determine whether Jackson is in fact his father.

Jackson's brother Jermaine has said Bhatti would be welcomed into the family, if he's proven a Jackson.

"If Omer's his son, he's his son," Jermaine told Britain's the Daily Mail. 'We won't deny it. We are going to give him the same love and care that we give Prince and Paris and Blanket. I can't clearly say if he is Michael's but I saw this kid around him."

In 2004, Us Weekly reported that Jackson did, indeed, acknowledge that he was the father.

A source told the magazine: "Jackson has told his closest associates Omer's mom's was a Norwegian with whom he had a one-night stand."

HVC

Now if this is his biological son, could he try to force out the other jackson "kids" who sure as hell share no genetic lineage?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

I don't know, but I'm sure if he can he'll try. :)

garbon

I heard a clip of that interview on the radio. It sounded like both the interviewer and Joe Jackson were asleep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

That Norwegian dude does look like Jacko.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga