Would you give up a second Obama term to avoid a Trump presidency?

Started by derspiess, January 11, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which scenario is less bad?

Romney defeats Obama in 2012 & is re-elected in 2016; no Trump candidacy
31 (67.4%)
Obama defeats Romney in 2012 & Trump defeats Hillary in 2016
5 (10.9%)
Jaron defeats Jaron in 2012, but then Jaron comes back to beat Jaron in 2016
10 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 12, 2017, 06:17:32 PM
if my post had been "to where trump can mostly do nothing right," then your earlier post doesn't work

If you are now arguing that Trump's actions are mostly stupid, then welcome to the club at long last.  If you are merely repeating your tired assertion that everyone who sees Trumps's mistakes as mistakes is somehow morally suspect, then jump back up on that cross.  Don't expect anyone but you to feel bad about your self-inflicted martyrdom, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

I don't think there's anything morally suspect about it

(edit) and martyrdom is a pretty strong word there

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on January 12, 2017, 05:13:39 AM
Hitting the ice berg was inevitable. Screaming "full steam ahead!" instead of making attempts to lessen the damage and save as many people as possible was not.
(West) Germany et al are doing fine.

What does this mean in concrete policy terms?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on January 12, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
I gather most people don't like me.

I don't think that's true. For a lot of them, shoveling abuse is how they show they care.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on January 12, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
I gather most people don't like me.

I find you reasonable on most issues and hilarious on football.  Hence, I certainly like your posts.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Maybe we should have a poll like, "Would you give up an Obama second term to avoid any more herpes outbreaks?"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on January 12, 2017, 08:24:52 PM
Maybe we should have a poll like, "Would you give up an Obama second term to avoid any more herpes outbreaks?"

The answer would be heavily dependent on exactly who was having the outbreaks.

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on January 12, 2017, 09:53:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 12, 2017, 08:24:52 PM

The answer would be heavily dependent on exactly who was having the outbreaks.

Your mother.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014