News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

LaCroix

on the bright side, repealing obamacare will bring more couples together in matrimony

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on January 14, 2017, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 14, 2017, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2017, 01:44:54 PM
My biweekly premium went up from $99.42 to $105.39.  Thanks Obama!  :mad:
Isolated stats... you should know better :)

What was the rise of health care insurance costs for the last 25 years?  Has it accelerated under Obama or has it slowed a little?

This web page http://www.healthsystemtracker.org/interactive/health-spending-explorer/?display=Annual%2520%2525%2520Change%2520-%2520Inflation%2520Adjusted&service=All%2520Types%2520of%2520Services should answer a lot of your questions.

Bottom line of that data is that health care grew fastest under Bushcare (actually, Shrubcare) and slowed a bit in the first years of ACA, but that costs were rising pretty rapidly in 2015, and 2016 data isn't yet available (and might exceed Shrubcare).
great link, thank you very much!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: LaCroix on January 14, 2017, 05:20:23 PM
on the bright side, repealing obamacare will bring more couples together in matrimony

Until death do they part.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

11B4V

Fuck off with your religious bullshit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

How do you figure?

LaCroix

Quote from: Jacob on January 14, 2017, 06:58:58 PMHow do you figure?

one loses her health insurance, so the couple decides to get hitched  :P

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 14, 2017, 07:27:28 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 14, 2017, 06:58:58 PMHow do you figure?

one loses her health insurance, so the couple decides to get hitched  :P

Sounds like a recipe for lots of divorces.  I suppose some people like high divorce rates, though.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on January 14, 2017, 07:46:59 PMSounds like a recipe for lots of divorces.  I suppose some people like high divorce rates, though.  :P

:secret:

Phillip V

LaCroix

obamacare ended up being worthless, so couples were brought together in matrimony anyway :mad:

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 02:28:09 PM

obamacare ended up being worthless, so couples were brought together in matrimony anyway :mad:

Not even Obamacare could fix stupid.

It seems like Trumpcare is proving to be even worse than Obamacare, though; more expensive, and fewer benefits.  MAGA!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 02:28:09 PM
obamacare ended up being worthless

Any suggestions for which of my own words I should insert here to make it mean what you really mean?

LaCroix

$180/month and $7000 deductible

there's a tool you can use to check whether your medications are covered. so you put in a bunch of medications, and the plan flashes and says covered. but wait! a few of your medications won't be covered until you pay your deductible, and nowhere does it say that. when you discover this and ofc attempt to change plans, they try to tell you, nope--you can't change your plan until the next election period, ten months from now! so you say fuck you I'm getting married

obamacare is worthless

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 03:03:38 PM
$180/month and $7000 deductible

there's a tool you can use to check whether your medications are covered. so you put in a bunch of medications, and the plan flashes and says covered. but wait! a few of your medications won't be covered until you pay your deductible, and nowhere does it say that. when you discover this and ofc attempt to change plans, they try to tell you, nope--you can't change your plan until the next election period, ten months from now! so you say fuck you I'm getting married

obamacare is worthless

You don't mean it's worthless, I ask you for clarification, you choose to double down on the original wording.  You're intellectually bankrupt.  I was the last poster here making any effort to respond, but I have to agree that everyone else is right.  Either you're a troll or you're a retard.

LaCroix

:huh:

not every post is a thesis statement