News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jacob

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

I think it's great that the GOP's healthcare plan is about giving me choice.  Like, you know, HBUCs.

sbr

Ed Anger

Might as well go single payer.

Christ, the 90's me just appeared via a time portal to punch me in the nuts.

Nice knowing you al......
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

At least single payer would dramatically cut costs.  It isn't the ideal solution, but it's worlds better than what we've got.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Hey derfetusfacefuckingniggerhater, now that you've almost got me at checkmate and I could be losing my healthcare soon, I need to know where to send you all my prescription bottles.   :)

Ed Anger

I can send you all my Linsopril that I don't need to take anymore*.

*may have already been slobbered on.

CountDeMoney

I have a hookup at the Senior Center, thanks. JOHNNY TIME TO RUB THE BUNIONS

Monoriu

Quote from: Habbaku on March 07, 2017, 08:15:51 PM
At least single payer would dramatically cut costs.  It isn't the ideal solution, but it's worlds better than what we've got.

:yes:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2017, 08:20:30 PM
Hey derfetusfacefuckingniggerhater, now that you've almost got me at checkmate and I could be losing my healthcare soon, I need to know where to send you all my prescription bottles.   :)

I want nothing but the best for you, Seedz :hug:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

You should all just move to Vermont once the AHCA is passed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2017, 09:59:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2017, 08:20:30 PM

I want nothing but the best for you, Seedz :hug:

Fuck you, you want me dead, you little asshole.

But that's OK, I'll have the last laugh; because even though I'll be dead, you'll still be damned to have to wander the earth, cursed with the Cincinnati Bengals.  #BramWyche'sDracula

Ed Anger

OK I laughed hard at that one.