News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 03:19:11 PM
:huh:

not every post is a thesis statement

What are the alternatives, and which did you pick?

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 03:03:38 PM
$180/month and $7000 deductible

there's a tool you can use to check whether your medications are covered. so you put in a bunch of medications, and the plan flashes and says covered. but wait! a few of your medications won't be covered until you pay your deductible, and nowhere does it say that. when you discover this and ofc attempt to change plans, they try to tell you, nope--you can't change your plan until the next election period, ten months from now! so you say fuck you I'm getting married

obamacare is worthless

It isn't Obamacare now, it is Trumpcare that is screwing you over.   :punk:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

it actually is my soon to be wife that got screwed over. I've got them sweet gov benefits

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2017, 03:33:57 PMWhat are the alternatives, and which did you pick?

I don't know what you mean by alternatives. if you mean post alternatives (and not healthcare alternatives), then there are definitely more types of posts than (1) 100% serious posts intending to assert a valid proposition and (2) pretending to be serious with intent to provoke a certain reaction

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on February 19, 2017, 03:44:43 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 03:03:38 PM
$180/month and $7000 deductible

there's a tool you can use to check whether your medications are covered. so you put in a bunch of medications, and the plan flashes and says covered. but wait! a few of your medications won't be covered until you pay your deductible, and nowhere does it say that. when you discover this and ofc attempt to change plans, they try to tell you, nope--you can't change your plan until the next election period, ten months from now! so you say fuck you I'm getting married

obamacare is worthless

It isn't Obamacare now, it is Trumpcare that is screwing you over.   :punk:

It could be Palmolive Moistercare for all it matters, LaCroix can't be bothered to do his proper research.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2017, 03:15:41 PM
You're intellectually bankrupt.  I was the last poster here making any effort to respond, but I have to agree that everyone else is right.  Either you're a troll or you're a retard.

It was fun to watch, though.  Fun, and yet a little sad.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2017, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2017, 03:15:41 PM
You're intellectually bankrupt.  I was the last poster here making any effort to respond, but I have to agree that everyone else is right.  Either you're a troll or you're a retard.

It was fun to watch, though.  Fun, and yet a little sad.

At first I thought Yi was fucking with him.  :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2017, 04:15:18 PM
It could be Palmolive Moistercare for all it matters, LaCroix can't be bothered to do his proper research.

A quick check using some bogus #s (female 25-30 non-smoker in Fargo) gives me the United Health One Plan for $66 per month with a $5000 deductible and 30% copay.

LaCrock may be marrying his female counterpart.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 04:05:34 PM
I don't know what you mean by alternatives.

Alternatives to a thesis statement.  I.e. a claim you believe to be true and are willing to defend.

Perhaps it was a rant. "Fuck my squeeze's premiums are too high.  Obamacare is the Holocaust!"

Perhaps it was satire.  "Ha ha ha has those stupid Trump supporting hillbillies hate Obamacare and I'm going to imitate one."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on February 19, 2017, 04:35:15 PM

A quick check using some bogus #s (female 25-30 non-smoker in Fargo) gives me the United Health One Plan for $66 per month with a $5000 deductible and 30% copay.

Why do you assume his girl is a nonsmoker? He's not.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 19, 2017, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 19, 2017, 04:35:15 PM

Why do you assume his girl is a nonsmoker? He's not.

Because I had to assume something to get the quote machine to respond and give me a quote.  Feel free to do a search on your own, if you think it important to change the parameters.  I doubt that it will make the resulting answer more like the result LC got than the one I got.

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

the cheapest option re premiums on the marketplace was like $180/month or around there, with a $7000 deductible. $66 per month  :lol:

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2017, 04:42:18 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 04:05:34 PM
I don't know what you mean by alternatives.

Alternatives to a thesis statement.  I.e. a claim you believe to be true and are willing to defend.

Perhaps it was a rant. "Fuck my squeeze's premiums are too high.  Obamacare is the Holocaust!"

Perhaps it was satire.  "Ha ha ha has those stupid Trump supporting hillbillies hate Obamacare and I'm going to imitate one."

it was a weird post to pick to grind your axe

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 05:44:20 PM
it was a weird post to pick to grind your axe

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess you were the star debater on your tiny rural North Dakota school's team, which is where you learned that when you have no position you should play offense and accuse your interlocutor of grinding axes, misconstruing, or talking around each other.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 19, 2017, 05:42:42 PM
the cheapest option re premiums on the marketplace was like $180/month or around there, with a $7000 deductible. $66 per month  :lol:

You are obviously not looking very hard if I could find a plan less than half the cost with $2000 less deductible in about ten minutes!  :lol:

Bayraktar!