Tour de Armstrong - Or how they still think it'll be a clean tour.

Started by Liep, July 04, 2009, 10:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

But doping aside

I think it'll be a great tour this year, the route is different in a very good way. Astana vs. Saxo Bank. Astana vs. Astana. And last year's winner, little Carlos. Evans, Menchov? So many favorites it's hard to choose.

Good year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Strix

I just wonder how Armstrong is going to deal with his handicaps during the race. It's hard enough doing it without the roids but with the French stopping him every 15 minutes to pee in a cup it will kill his overall time.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Liep

To document any cheating the French followed Armstrong all 20 minutes of his race. He looked okay, although far from previous strength.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

Quote from: Liep on July 04, 2009, 10:34:43 AM
To document any cheating the French followed Armstrong all 20 minutes of his race. He looked okay, although far from previous strength.

Maybe cause he's older?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Quote from: Razgovory on July 04, 2009, 11:36:22 AM

Maybe cause he's older?

Well, yeah. I just didn't think he'd be quite as sharp as he looked.

Liep

So... am I the only one watching this? :P Cavendish seems invincible, perhaps if the others can manage not to crash in the final kilometer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

I watch, I bike quite a bit and I admire these doped-out freaks for what they can do.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

So Armstrong managed to get 41 seconds to the other favorites on a flat stage - and war breaks lose on Astana. Really goes to show why he won 7 times what with his competitors not even bothering to stay ahead.

Cavendish won, of course.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

If he wins again, no matter how doped, he's not only the greatest but he's also running against the worst. Christ, the man is older than Jesus.

grumbler

I have no desire to follow Armstrong's recycled (get it?) tour.  He retired when he should have, and this unretiring business tells me he is too weak a character to get on with his life.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on July 06, 2009, 08:10:40 PM
I have no desire to follow Armstrong's recycled (get it?) tour.  He retired when he should have, and this unretiring business tells me he is too weak a character to get on with his life.

What else would he do?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on July 06, 2009, 05:31:48 PM
If he wins again, no matter how doped, he's not only the greatest but he's also running against the worst. Christ, the man is older than Jesus.
Or maybe his chemist is the greatest. :unsure:

Sometimes I think that doping should be legalized, so that at least we could have an honest and open competition between the doctors.  That might actually lead to some useful discoveries, sort of like how auto racing used to lead to new developments in cars.

Norgy

Quote from: Strix on July 04, 2009, 10:25:28 AM
I just wonder how Armstrong is going to deal with his handicaps during the race. It's hard enough doing it without the roids but with the French stopping him every 15 minutes to pee in a cup it will kill his overall time.

:lol: :lol:

I am European, and still love Lance.
Dude is fucking hardcore with or without roids.
You gotta be impressed by his stamina, courage and that heart of gold.
:blush: