Tour de Armstrong - Or how they still think it'll be a clean tour.

Started by Liep, July 04, 2009, 10:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on July 06, 2009, 11:53:53 PM
Quote from: Strix on July 04, 2009, 10:25:28 AM
I just wonder how Armstrong is going to deal with his handicaps during the race. It's hard enough doing it without the roids but with the French stopping him every 15 minutes to pee in a cup it will kill his overall time.

:lol: :lol:

I am European, and still love Lance.
Dude is fucking hardcore with or without roids.
You gotta be impressed by his stamina, courage and that heart of gold.
:blush:

It's like watching England lose at all those sports they invented. Priceless.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 07, 2009, 08:16:50 AM
Will he be in yellow after toady's team time trial?
I don't think so, Saxo Bank can manage a pretty good time trial and Cancellara has 40 seconds on Armstrong.

But as Menchov, Ballan and several others have already shown anything can apparently happen today. A very difficult route.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

There is a small flaw in France's evil plan to tarnish the legacy of Austin's greatest: A Frenchman wasn't going to win any of those races anyway.  The only dude whose career got screwed by Lance was Jan Ulrich.

The Tour de France is rapidly becoming France's Wimbledon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Zülle didn't get it easy either, first 2nd after Indurain and then a 2nd spot after Armstrong too. That guy was a laugh to see cycling.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Soon, Saxo Bank is using up a lot of energy to keep the yellow jersey. Anyway, shaping up to be a good race.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Liep on July 07, 2009, 08:50:24 AM
Zülle didn't get it easy either, first 2nd after Indurain and then a 2nd spot after Armstrong too. That guy was a laugh to see cycling.

There is no Armstrong, only Zulle.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Screw Indurain!

Thor Hushovd blows as usual.
Dude has "a cold" again, I guess.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:47:13 AM
There is a small flaw in France's evil plan to tarnish the legacy of Austin's greatest: A Frenchman wasn't going to win any of those races anyway.  The only dude whose career got screwed by Lance was Jan Ulrich.

The Tour de France is rapidly becoming France's Wimbledon.

Altho, it's not like any French has won Rolang Garros lately either. Or been successfull in F1 Racing(as a pilot).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

So Astana has 4 men in the top 5. I find it hard to see how anyone can challenge them, except for themselves. It'll be interesting to watch the first mountain stage on friday.

PDH

Quote from: Liep on July 07, 2009, 05:27:01 PM
So Astana has 4 men in the top 5. I find it hard to see how anyone can challenge them, except for themselves. It'll be interesting to watch the first mountain stage on friday.
I think Armstrong will not be able to climb with Contador - Astana will not win with SOMEONE only if the two of them fight.  Somehow I think Armstrong wants to win, but that little spanish fellow is just too good now, too much of an all around threat.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

The Finn will lose the mountain jersey to a French it seems. This also just in, Lance will remain a fraction of a second behind.