Tour de Armstrong - Or how they still think it'll be a clean tour.

Started by Liep, July 04, 2009, 10:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: PDH on July 11, 2009, 12:25:48 PM
...but you don't attack your own teammate)...

Wasn't Contador's attack a direct challenge to Armstrong? Or am I not picking up on your sarcasm? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Quote from: Liep on July 11, 2009, 06:28:51 PM
Wasn't Contador's attack a direct challenge to Armstrong? Or am I not picking up on your sarcasm? :P
Parrt sarcasm, but only part.  Contador's attack came when the chase group had settled down - anyone could have gone.  His came first, and so Armstrong didn't respond to Contador (though I bet he would have liked to), but he did respond to the others - Wiggins, et al.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

What the hell was Cadel thinking in attacking in the first climb? He should have known they would chase him down.
Kinda sad to see Hincapie could not stay with the breakaway and a chance for a win, so many years of work for only one stage win in The Tour. 14 Tours I think, that is pretty awesome.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 11, 2009, 10:11:28 PM
What the hell was Cadel thinking in attacking in the first climb? He should have known they would chase him down.
Kinda sad to see Hincapie could not stay with the breakaway and a chance for a win, so many years of work for only one stage win in The Tour. 14 Tours I think, that is pretty awesome.

One has to believe he feels Armstrong's victories are also a part of his resume. Also, I can understand why Evans tries, he has to somehow gain seconds on Contador and he can't beat him on a final climb.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Armstrong on the attack? This stage is looking very promising.

PDH

Fucking finish 70 km from the Tourmalet...I know, I know, the organizers want an exciting last week, but jeebus, this is two days in a row where good mountains were ruined by the line being too far from the last climb.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Quote from: PDH on July 12, 2009, 11:04:37 AM
Fucking finish 70 km from the Tourmalet...I know, I know, the organizers want an exciting last week, but jeebus, this is two days in a row where good mountains were ruined by the line being too far from the last climb.

Yeah, it's a shame to see a Tourmalet stage where sprinters like Freire had a real shot at a victory. The pyranees stages has been a bit off, hopefully it is countered by a race for overall victory on Mont Venteux.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

BVN

Quote from: Armyknife on July 14, 2009, 09:19:17 PM
Damn it I missed todays stage, what happened.
You missed probably the most boring stage ever...

bogh

Yeah, the only moderately exciting thing was Arvesen crashing. He is officially out of the tour.  :(

As someone said earlier, the organizers really managed to turn pretty much the entire tour into a snore-fest leading up to one massive stage at the end. Really stupid IMO.

Liep

Quote from: bogh on July 15, 2009, 02:50:08 AM
Yeah, the only moderately exciting thing was Arvesen crashing. He is officially out of the tour.  :(

As someone said earlier, the organizers really managed to turn pretty much the entire tour into a snore-fest leading up to one massive stage at the end. Really stupid IMO.

I see at least 3 alp stages that are very exciting, at least on paper. And the final time trial should be good as well.

Liep

A stage is about 200km and in the end Cavendish wins. Could he be a new object of hate for the French?

BVN

Quote from: Liep on July 16, 2009, 04:57:45 AM
A stage is about 200km and in the end Cavendish wins. Could he be a new object of hate for the French?
Yes, Cavendish is lucky they still have Armstrong to bitch about.

Strix

A shocker just came out. Armstrong tested positive for two foreign substances that French Officials could not identify. The samples were sent to a Belgium lab and it turned out to be shampoo and soap.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.