Tour de Armstrong - Or how they still think it'll be a clean tour.

Started by Liep, July 04, 2009, 10:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I like Millar.  He 'fessed up to cheating, came back clean, gets tested all the time for team Garmin, and has shown he races for his love of racing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Yes, very exciting with plenty of drama and good racing.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

This has been the most exciting first week of the tour I can remember watching for years, perhaps ever.

Congratulations Thor!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:47:13 AM
There is a small flaw in France's evil plan to tarnish the legacy of Austin's greatest: A Frenchman wasn't going to win any of those races anyway.  The only dude whose career got screwed by Lance was Jan Ulrich.

The Tour de France is rapidly becoming France's Wimbledon.

If you get to France during the Tour, you'll see that it is one of the few sports where the population is rooting for the sport rather than the nationality (at least in my experience). Armstrong - thanks to his history - started out a big favourite of the population. It took the equiries of L'Équipe to turn the tide. And now a new book just came out (Le sale Tour) that adds yet other suspicions of tricky behaviour by Armstrong.

Que le grand cric me croque !

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2009, 10:36:01 AM
What's the latest dirt on Armstrong?

The Spaniards hate him because he badmouthed Sastre's victory last year, and because he's too much of a threat to his captain, Contador.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Yesterday was a rough stage with the rain and crashes, and today the real tour starts. Should be fun.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

The French might even see Pineau in the yellow jersey, iirc he's not half bad in the mountains. I wonder how many of the 12 minutes the escape will lose on the climb.

Liep

I'm a little disappointed by the devolpment. It's surprising that the first mountain stage has actually been less exciting than the flat stages.

Liep

The only one who seemed like he could actually follow Contador was Armstrong. Astana, christ.

PDH

Quote from: Liep on July 10, 2009, 10:26:57 AM
The only one who seemed like he could actually follow Contador was Armstrong. Astana, christ.
Contador, Armstrong, Kloden, Popo for a domestique...they are stacked like a silicon hooker.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Also, what the hell is Wiggins doing with the favorite group? Are we suppose to believe that a Brit can cycle uphill?

Liep

Interesting stage today, Evans tried and failed, Schleck tried and failed. Though surprisingly many were able to follow Andy when he attacked, Wiggins, Martin, Vande Velde, the entire team Astana.

PDH

I think Andy Schleck will be able to drop all the semi-contenders in the Alps.  Armstrong looks pretty good (yesterday he could have attacked, but you don't attack your own teammate).  Contador still looks the best to me, especially with Astana having Leipheimer and Kloden as lead-out men...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM