What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 06, 2020, 08:09:51 AM
He really has learned about covid:
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!

Twitter took this down. And the "in most populations far less lethal" isn't right, though it may be less lethal in some age groups. But the rest of it seems okay.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

I mean if you have the flu don't be a dick and go spreading it aroind either. Get your flu shot. Otherwise I am going listen to medical experts not politicians, media members, facebook posts, or Georgia accountants....same as I do during flu season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: alfred russel on October 06, 2020, 01:04:08 PM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!

Twitter took this down. And the "in most populations far less lethal" isn't right, though it may be less lethal in some age groups. But the rest of it seems okay.

Why did they take it down?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Brain on October 06, 2020, 01:15:04 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 06, 2020, 01:04:08 PM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Why did they take it down?

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public's interest for the Tweet to remain accessible.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

viper37

I really, really, really like the Lincoln project's ads :D   That's trolling^1000 :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtfAySJWJo
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

I was told by Donald Trump that his constant and able leadership is the only reason why we haven't had millions of deaths from Covid, and now I am being told it's no big deal, get out and mingle folks!

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 06, 2020, 01:27:05 PM
I was told by Donald Trump that his constant and able leadership is the only reason why we haven't had millions of deaths from Covid, and now I am being told it's no big deal, get out and mingle folks!

It's a completely harmless Chinese bioweapon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on October 06, 2020, 08:50:47 AM
Are there actual non-retards expressing support for Trump nowadays online and it's just that you guys only quote the funny ones, or we are, in fact, in the Idiocracy prequel?
There are non retards.  Less numerous then the retars, but unfortunately, they do exist, in a significant number.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

There are all sorts of reasons why one might still vote for Donald despite his deficiencies. These are just less compelling than they were in 2016 so therefore there are seemingly less people doing so.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on October 06, 2020, 03:15:57 PM
There are all sorts of reasons why one might still vote for Donald despite his deficiencies.

+ Optical illusion causes one to mark the wrong circle
+ Mistakenly believes ballot is an ostracon
+ Still confused and disoriented from long-term after effects of eating a Trump steak
+ Think "Proud Boys" is LGBT organization
+ Write in voting for Kamala Harris' Dad but get the wrong "Donald"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 06, 2020, 03:37:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 06, 2020, 03:15:57 PM
There are all sorts of reasons why one might still vote for Donald despite his deficiencies.

+ Optical illusion causes one to mark the wrong circle
+ Mistakenly believes ballot is an ostracon
+ Still confused and disoriented from long-term after effects of eating a Trump steak
+ Think "Proud Boys" is LGBT organization
+ Write in voting for Kamala Harris' Dad but get the wrong "Donald"

Post of the Month!

Eddie Teach

Stop trying to make POTM happen (again). It's not going to happen.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 06, 2020, 05:12:09 PM

Post of the Month!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 06, 2020, 05:12:09 PM

Maybe not, but there is no rule we can't have a "Month of the Post".

I declare October "Post Appreciation Day"

Behold the mighty post!  Were would we be without this stalwart defender of liberty?  We'd be sitting around till the cows came home because without posts we can't fence our cows in.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

We could keep them contained by brick or stone walls. I mean, it'd be expensive as hell but technically possible.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?