News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Makes you want to laugh so you don't cry.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

I am having trouble adjusting to the new reality of this level of open, proud idiocy. This is seriously depressing. 

Tamas

Also Beria was reduced to a panicked yelling helpless sack of shit in the movie. The notion he remained in control as he was dragged around and shot in the head is nonsense.

Also anyone too fixated on the whole "alpha" thing should take a look at their own insecurities.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on October 06, 2020, 02:27:57 AM
I am having trouble adjusting to the new reality of this level of open, proud idiocy. This is seriously depressing.

It's just a former superpower trying to find its place in a new world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

I think I use less shoe polish on my footwear than Trump used on his face for that appearance.

Sheilbh

Yeah I think I agree with the others that Beria is reduced to pathetic empty threats by the end. Earlier in the film he's genuinely threatening and powerful and doesn't rant and rave or shout that much ("so many notes. Like your one to Stalin, which I have.") by the end he's loud but it means nothing.

On Trump - he didn't look like a well man in that weird appearance on the balcony. Again I'm partly probably looking at it based on Johnson who was in hospital for over a week and then resting/recuperating in Chequers for about another week, and I'm not a doctor, but this looks too early.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 06, 2020, 02:57:05 AM
Yeah I think I agree with the others that Beria is reduced to pathetic empty threats by the end. Earlier in the film he's genuinely threatening and powerful and doesn't rant and rave or shout that much ("so many notes. Like your one to Stalin, which I have.") by the end he's loud but it means nothing.

On Trump - he didn't look like a well man in that weird appearance on the balcony. Again I'm partly probably looking at it based on Johnson who was in hospital for over a week and then resting/recuperating in Chequers for about another week, and I'm not a doctor, but this looks too early.

I think I am revising my earlier conclusion and I hope he dies of it. It would serve as a lesson to his fans that... the deep state can get to anyone.

Tamas

BTW I think Covid fatigue will fully set in by election day so unless Trump literally rolls over, he is going to win.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 06, 2020, 04:18:04 AM
BTW I think Covid fatigue will fully set in by election day so unless Trump literally rolls over, he is going to win.

Why would that happen in America in a months time given so much of America isn't locked down? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

The election's only about a month away. Short of a very significant outside event it feels like the trends and issues etc are broadly locked in now.

For what it's worth unless he gets a lot better than he looked last night - I think this approach will backfire:
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Will be back on the Campaign Trail soon!!! The Fake News only shows the Fake Polls.

Also two housekeeping staff in the White House have tested positive for covid :(

It wouldn't shock me if there are some infections in the Secret Service or the military piloting the helicopter etc. It is a disgraceful way for a leader to behave to just have total disregard for all of the people around him.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 06, 2020, 04:29:28 AM
The election's only about a month away. Short of a very significant outside event it feels like the trends and issues etc are broadly locked in now.

That's sort of what I mean. His opponents will rightfully keep hammering away at him for the mess he has made of it, like how for half a day now they go on about removing a mask on a balcony while being alone, while people will be tired of it all and will be longing to ignore the pandemic and go back to normal, exactly what the Republitards will be pushing them to do.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 06, 2020, 04:56:05 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 06, 2020, 04:29:28 AM

That's sort of what I mean. His opponents will rightfully keep hammering away at him for the mess he has made of it, like how for half a day now they go on about removing a mask on a balcony while being alone, while people will be tired of it all and will be longing to ignore the pandemic and go back to normal, exactly what the Republitards will be pushing them to do.

Well except that it is possible to talk about more than one topic. As in, at Biden's most recent event he spoken on other topics beyond Trump's handling of COVID-19.

I'm also not sure who these people are who haven't already made up a stance on how they feel about COVID.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

I don't think the issue is him removing the mask (I don't really get the obsession with masks - they're helpful but they're not a silver bullet), it's more that he seemed to me to be struggling to catch his breath. Now obviously he's in his 70s and he came up a small staircase but he did not look well.

I think as long as he's deciding to do public appearances and looks visibly unwell, that will stay in the news. Even if it's just in the images and all of the reporters politely avoid commenting directly. Obviously that may just have been an issue and he is very much on the road to recovery and will be well in the next week or two.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Does this look like a volatile race to you?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point