News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Was just a thought. I was wrong about him losing in 2016, hopefully I am wrong about him winning in 2020. It just would be entirely uncharacteristic of this year to see him lose.

celedhring

I'm cautiously optimistic. The polling error would have to be pretty large this time for Biden to lose the election. 538's snake chart has PA being the tipping point, with Biden currently enjoying a 5.5% advantage there. 

katmai

The election is already happening Tamas, I'm going to vote in less than two weeks when early voting in person starts here in Alaska, but multiple states people are already sending in ballots.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on October 05, 2020, 05:20:38 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2020, 04:49:04 PM
Matt Gaetz is supporting Loeffler's opponent, which is argues against the hypothesis of her being Trumpier, since Gaetz is Trumpier than Trump.

Gaetz is supporting his fellow congressman.  No surprise there.   Loeffler is, of course, a political neophyte and so i won't die on the hill of her being Trumpier than Collins (whose pretty much a loon himself, as we witnessed during the House impeachment proceedings.  She certainly is disguising herself well as a Trumpeter if she isn't one.  She pretty much quotes either Trump, or the Bible.

From Nate Silver: "Kelly Loeffler pivoting to #MAGA in an obviously-clumsy-and-consultant-driven way in the hopes of beating Collins when it's not likely to help her at all in the runoff has to be among the most... interesting... developments of the cycle. She's obviously got decent chances but appointed incumbents generally underperform and I think voters are *relatively* good at sniffing out a fake, and this is not among the more subtle ones."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

I already voted.   :showoff:

Throw the bums out!

Interestingly, one of the ballot initiatives was to set up a non-partisan redistricting commission to handle all future redistricting under a fairly common-sense sort of rules.  I definitely hope that one passes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Apparently people responded with upside down Trump pics and "MUSSOLINI MOMENT"  :pinch:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Him being too sick to talk or even dying would lend him a powerful bit of dignity, cloaked in the aura of the Presidency. Him being out and tweeting and speaking is exactly where we want him. I am not interested at all in the martyring of Donald Trump nor in some weird Constitutional crisis due to him being out of commission.

So glad he is out to Mussolini some more.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 06, 2020, 07:47:42 AM
Apparently people responded with upside down Trump pics and "MUSSOLINI MOMENT"  :pinch:

Doh!

Maladict

I'm confused what Mussolini's moment was. When he made himself dictator? When he had to be rescued byforeign nationals and was made a puppet?

Sheilbh

He really has learned about covid:
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Maladict on October 06, 2020, 07:54:00 AM
I'm confused what Mussolini's moment was. When he made himself dictator? When he had to be rescued byforeign nationals and was made a puppet?

His brilliant conquest of Greece.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson