News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2020, 02:21:59 PM
So I'm not a doctor, I'm not sure if Trump leaving the hospital is a good idea or not.  Being the President, I'm sure he'll be under 24/7 medical care at either place.
Yeah same. It does just seem very, very quick given that he's on a drug that is used for severe cases. It feels like he's either going back too soon (admittedly to a low stress environment where he can get 24/7 care - unless he takes a very serious turn) or was on a lot of very serious drugs that he possibly shouldn't have been. It just doesn't seem to make sense with what we know but, obviously, we're not doctors :lol:

QuoteSo much more clever without the "Jim Jones approved."  :(
Agreed. There is a British journalist - who used to cover the US who used to moan about this with American political cartoons, they always add too much text to really hammer home their point and normally go too far.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I think it makes perfect sense. He is feeling somewhat better and bored to tears in a hospital so like the little spoiled manchild he is, he wanted out. Unlike with an actual children, nobody dared telling him no. So they'll be treating him in the White House and trying to keep him from hugging babies.

The Brain

I may have to watch Death of Stalin again. Seen it twice already, I love it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2020, 03:05:03 PMAgreed. There is a British journalist - who used to cover the US who used to moan about this with American political cartoons, they always add too much text to really hammer home their point and normally go too far.

It looks like it might be 'shopped to fit the occasion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2020, 02:54:42 PM
This is not a normal party:
https://twitter.com/kloeffler/status/1313201217309417478?s=21

:mellow:

She is a smart woman and a former executive of Intercontinental Exchange, where she started as a trader.

You can see her house here:

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/bridget-and-jerome-dobsons-house/view/google/

She has donated to democrats in the past, but is now getting challenged by a republican from the right. They are both going for the stupid right wing vote. It is an open race, so includes republicans and democrats, and the top 2 go to a runoff if no one gets to 50%. A few weeks ago the two main republicans were running 1 and 2 with the democrats below them--now there is a democrat 10% ahead of both of them.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on October 05, 2020, 03:11:09 PM

That is an awesome movie.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 05, 2020, 02:55:28 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 05, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
Saw this on Twitter.

So much more clever wit7uhout the "Jim Jones approved."  :(

It looks like someone photoshopped that on.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on October 05, 2020, 03:13:54 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 05, 2020, 03:11:09 PM

That is an awesome movie.
It is.  :)

The Brain

The original cartoon seems to have the barrel marked "Kool Aid", and the Republican saying "Make America grape again!". It may be the wittiest cartoon yet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on October 05, 2020, 03:15:13 PM
Worth it for Zhukov's entrance alone :lol:

Edit: From a CNN reorter:
QuoteDana Bash
@DanaBashCNN
A source familiar with POTUS phone calls from the hospital today tells me he said "I need to get out of here." He's being warned that if he rushes to leave the hospital and has a setback it would be bad for not just his health, but his re-election campaign.

I also read that Don Jr is apparently concerned with how is father's behaving - especially driving by the crowd. We've reached the stage when Don Jr is the voice of reason :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on October 05, 2020, 03:13:28 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2020, 02:54:42 PM
This is not a normal party:
https://twitter.com/kloeffler/status/1313201217309417478?s=21

:mellow:

She is a smart woman and a former executive of Intercontinental Exchange, where she started as a trader.

You can see her house here:

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/bridget-and-jerome-dobsons-house/view/google/

She has donated to democrats in the past, but is now getting challenged by a republican from the right. They are both going for the stupid right wing vote. It is an open race, so includes republicans and democrats, and the top 2 go to a runoff if no one gets to 50%. A few weeks ago the two main republicans were running 1 and 2 with the democrats below them--now there is a democrat 10% ahead of both of them.

Presumably she has staff running the social media accounts. 
It doesn't detract from sheilbh's point though  - it enhances it.   The fact that an otherwise somewhat normal person has to do this to attract party support is damning for the state of the party.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2020, 03:38:25 PM
It doesn't detract from sheilbh's point though  - it enhances it.   The fact that an otherwise somewhat normal person has to do this to attract party support is damning for the state of the party.

I disagree. This is a nonpartisan race. It is damning for the state of the electorate, not the party.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on October 05, 2020, 03:56:25 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2020, 03:38:25 PM

I disagree. This is a nonpartisan race. It is damning for the state of the electorate, not the party.

Everything that I've read says that it's a pretty highly partisan race, because the democratic candidate (Warnock) has the democratic vote locked up, and the two republicans are fighting for the Trump vote.  Loeffler seems to be the Trumpier of the two (she wants sanctions on China for giving the coronavirus to Trump).  Luckily, it looks like she is headed for third place.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2020, 03:17:42 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 05, 2020, 03:15:13 PM
Worth it for Zhukov's entrance alone :lol:

Yorkshire Zhukov is a pinnacle of XXIth century film thespianism.

I loved how Ianucci used accents in the movie.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on October 05, 2020, 04:36:46 PM
I loved how Ianucci used accents in the movie.
Ianucci is a genius - strongly recommend his adaptation of David Copperfield with Dev Patel. It's very good.
Let's bomb Russia!