And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2020, 12:26:44 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2020, 12:18:58 AM
I went to the Jeep dealership do get another key made and the maskage was spotty there.  At the supermercado OTOH folks are zealous.  Masking up when they leave the car in the parking lot.

woops, wrong thread

Nice. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

This is such a weird way to handle this:
QuoteCovering a cover-up in real time
Jonathan Swan

What is the actual state of President Trump's health — now and over the past 24 hours?

Why it matters: It's one of the most high-stakes questions in the world, and I cannot answer it, despite having spent since 5 a.m. on Friday on my phone with sources inside and close to the White House.

On Friday night, we chose not to publish information we'd learned from well-placed sources who told us the president had experienced a fever and was worse than the White House was letting on.
    We chose not to publish because we weren't certain enough it was correct, and it was no time to lower our editorial standards.

Today, when we saw the doctors line up outside Walter Reed in their white lab coats, we thought we might finally get clarity.
    The picture painted by the White House physician, Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley, was rosy: Trump was in good spirits — so good, apparently, he had been fever-free for 24 hours, and felt he could have walked out of Walter Reed today.
    The Q&A didn't engender confidence. Trump's doctor was repeatedly evasive on the question of whether he'd received supplemental oxygen. But the picture remained rosy.

Then, minutes after the doctors' press conference, something extraordinary happened that crystallized this White House's credibility gap, and made a mockery of any reporter trying to responsibly cover this president's condition.
    The White House reporter on pool duty — traveling with the president and delivering official dispatches to reporters at numerous outlets — sent this dispatch, quoting "a source familiar with the president's health":
    The president's vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We're still not on a clear path to a full recovery.

That was a much more worrisome portrait. The source, identified by AP, was White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, who was shown on camera asking the pool to "go off the record with some of y'all."
    I have tried to get a straight answer from the White House since then about what is going on, and why we are being fed official contradictions.

The bottom line: Multiple sources in the White House and on the campaign have reached out since Meadows' statement, and said they're utterly perplexed about what's going on.
    They, like us, have little confidence in what they are being told.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

And the photos of him signing things...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

He also recorded a relatively humble 4 minute video.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2020, 09:51:29 AM
And the photos of him signing things...

Signing a blank paper with a marker: extremely presidential.

Tamas

Quoten Thursday afternoon Donald Trump held a roundtable of 19 top Republican donors at Bedminster, his 36-hole golf course in New Jersey, where he vented his frustrations about how his push for a rapid vaccine against Covid-19 was being undermined by the deep state.

According to a description of the meeting recorded on video by one of the donors present, "the president said that the approval for vaccines has been slowed down for political reasons by people who wanted to hurt him".

The president's attack on scientists within his own administration seems to have impressed the donors around the table. But what they didn't know at that time, because Trump did not tell them, was that just a few hours earlier one of Trump's closest aides, Hope Hicks, had herself tested positive for the disease.

Such a repulsive creature.

Maladict

Watching the press conference, they admitted he has been on oxygen once and 'possibly(?)' a second time. He could be discharged as soon as tomorrow, but they were very evasive about question on lung scans and x-rays

Sheilbh

And he's apparently on dexamethasone according to the latest briefing. That was the drug identified as helpful severe cases (and is harmful if patients aren't ventilated or on oxygen).

That seems to go against the idea he might be discharged tomorrow. But then I could imagine Trump basically wanting to try everything that's available, I'm not sure how much doctors would go along with a demanding patient though.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 04, 2020, 12:01:33 PM
And he's apparently on dexamethasone according to the latest briefing. That was the drug identified as helpful severe cases (and is harmful if patients aren't ventilated or on oxygen).

That seems to go against the idea he might be discharged tomorrow. But then I could imagine Trump basically wanting to try everything that's available, I'm not sure how much doctors would go along with a demanding patient though.

That demanding patient is the POTUS, though. I can see Trump being so fucking scared he wants everything available injected into his veins. Just not bleach, apparently.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on October 04, 2020, 12:13:32 PM
That demanding patient is the POTUS, though. I can see Trump being so fucking scared he wants everything available injected into his veins. Just not bleach, apparently.
Or, ironically, hyrdoxychloroquine.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

QuoteThis from WH communications director Alyssa Farah feels important. The briefings have not just been about Trump wanting Dr. Conley to paint rosy picture - it is about reassuring the president himself.

A panicked patient, one who is possibly quite sick, could impact treatment

This would indicate that the different messages yesterday (doctor saying everything is awesome, then Chief of Staff telling journos in confidence that the situation is dire) was because they didn't want Trump to hear about his true condition from the TV.  :huh:

FunkMonk

That actually makes sense when you understand that the man's entire reality revolves around television.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on October 04, 2020, 02:10:51 PM
This would indicate that the different messages yesterday (doctor saying everything is awesome, then Chief of Staff telling journos in confidence that the situation is dire) was because they didn't want Trump to hear about his true condition from the TV.  :huh:
It's genuinely the first post-modern Presidency.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/trump-defeats-covid.htm

HISTORIC MOMENTS IN HISTORY: PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP DEFEATS COVID WITH ICONS OF HIS ENTIRE FIRST TERM! GIANNINI LIMITED 2500 EDITION ART SERIES COIN

Historic Moments in History: President Donald J. Trump Defeats COVID with Icons of His Entire First Term! Giannini Limited 1500 Edition Art Series Coin

Regular Price: $100.00

Availability:: Pre-Order Ships November 7, 2020
Product Code: TRUMP-DEFEATS-COVID
Qty:

DESCRIPTION      

Final Commemorative Coin for President Trump's First Term
"President Donald J. Trump Defeats COVID"

First 1,000 Orders Receive a Complimentary Presidential Blue Mask with Coin!

Note from Designer & Series Creator: Anthony Giannini, CEO, USAF-R

For these past four years, I have created and co-designed the Historic Moments in World History Coin Art Narrative Series originating with the Presidency of Donald J. Trump.

As I predicted that the Korean Summits would occur, with recognition for this prediction in Breitbart News, and when all media thought otherwise, mocked us and President Trump, especially when the Summit was at one point cancelled—here at WHGS had Faith. When we heard the sad news of President Trump's positive COVID test, once again we had faith and prayed but knew our President would find a way to Knockout COVID in early rounds of this battle. President Trump, as you know, is a fan of boxing, and the new design includes more than a hint of superhero qualities in history's most fascinating president. President Trump, whether you are in his corner or not, is a sui generis, a one-of-a-kind bigger than life energetic force.

This, I am pleased to announce the pre-release the final coin in the Historic Moments in History Series, a new commemorative that vividly shows President Trumps historic presidential win against the deadly COVID virus. This final coin in the collection, at least for President Trump's first term, presents icons, or motifs, of his numerous, myriad successes across these past four years despite attempts to subvert him from so many negative fronts. How many humans could sustain the continual onslaughts President Trump has endured but despite these onslaughts, accomplish so many historic goals - goals declared impossible even in the early moments of his candidacy.

The title of my new coin is President Donald J. Defeats COVID
Design is suggestive of superhero graphic art because POTUS 45 has created a never before seen presidential mythos.

I predict, ages hence, myths will abound of President Donald J. Trump, akin to the Epic of Gilgamesh.

The Historic Moments Coin Art Narrative Series will continue in years to come as we chronicle in controversial commemorative coins as art—significantly bold moments in U.S. Presidents' History

Moments Commemorative Coin Series
Anthony Giannini

20% of Proceeds Donated to Hershey Medical
Penn State for Covid Prevention and to the Hershey Cancer Center

"PRESIDENT TRUMP DEFEATS COVID"
with
KEY ICONS OF PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP'S
Entire First Term as
45TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Giannini Narrative Art Coin Series
Chronicling in Narrative Coin Art the Presidency of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump
Pre-Order: Ships November 7, 2020
THIS UNIQUE HISTORY ART COIN COLLECTION OF THE
ONLY ORIGINAL OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE GIFT SHOP, Est. 1946 by
President Harry S. Truman & U.S. Secret Service Members
Inside the White House for 75 Years
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.