News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on October 03, 2020, 12:30:09 PM
I thought Trump was a Putin vassal, not a Chinese one?

Why do you think the Chinese gave him the 'rona?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

So is he well or unwell? This is so confusing, feels like the Soviet Union in the 1980s  :D

The Brain

If Kim could die and rise on the third day then I guess Trump can.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2020, 12:24:22 PM
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1312440798437281792?s=20

QuoteKelly Loeffler on public health precautions for the ill-fated ACB introductory event last Saturday at the White House, which she attended: "That is what we are trying to do across the country as we try to reopen the economy."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1312441429667373058?s=20

QuoteSen. Loeffler: "The fact that this virus has reached the White House shows that we need to hold the Chinese communist party accountable."
:lol: I did see one right-wing blue tick saying this is an assasination attempt by China. Which feels like a reach.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 03, 2020, 08:50:04 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 03, 2020, 08:42:35 AM
It's amazing. Months of mocking public health guidelines, and now they've all infected each other. Trump's in the hospital (no debate, no campaigning), and enough GOP Senate members might be sick that they won't have the votes to push through ACB before the election.
And this is what I mean by the weird politicisation of this virus (by Trump) so taking sensible precautionary measures like social distancing etc became "weak" and "Democrat". It was something used to attack Biden, meanwhile this recklessness was almost displaying your loyalty to the President. It was just this insane post-modern moment where people decided that all that mattered was the reality they presented not the actual reality of a virus.

A least we have a couple of generations that won't be mystified by the "How could ordinary citizens of X go along with Y?"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on October 03, 2020, 12:50:05 PM
So is he well or unwell? This is so confusing, feels like the Soviet Union in the 1980s  :D
Similar in the UK when Johnson was ill.

It was all public statements saying he was experiencing issues, in hospital for monitoring but in good spirits. Then that night he was going into intensive care. Admittedly the British state is always shady and always secretive about health issues, the US tends to be more open but it is very late Soviet as you say.

I feel like there must be a book out there about the health of leaders and how the state deals with and reports them :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

It's amazing. Months of mocking public health guidelines, and now they've all infected each other. Trump's in the hospital (no debate, no campaigning), and enough GOP Senate members might be sick that they won't have the votes to push through ACB before the election.
And this is what I mean by the weird politicisation of this virus (by Trump) so taking sensible precautionary measures like social distancing etc became "weak" and "Democrat". It was something used to attack Biden, meanwhile this recklessness was almost displaying your loyalty to the President. It was just this insane post-modern moment where people decided that all that mattered was the reality they presented not the actual reality of a virus.

I'm just perplexed that I'm living in the same country as some of you guys - I get things may be different in other countries.

I just came from a yoga class that had 21 people as a max, but I really think they crammed more in there, plus an instructor. There were 2 people wearing masks. I've generally been avoiding restaurants, but the past couple times I've been out on a Friday or Saturday night they were full, with people waiting to be seated (many of whom are not wearing masks).

It isn't just Georgia--the other states I've traveled to recently are North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, and Alaska. They are all the same (possibly excluding North Carolina which is a bit more strict on the rules).

There is this bizarre theater where you have national shows being broadcast from the hosts' homes because it is apparently too dangerous for people to come in to film in a studio, but you are watching it in a restaurant where workers are shoulder to shoulder without masks probably barely making over minimum wage. Those hosts that can't go into work because of the danger are probably making high 6 or 7 figures.

We are generally college educated and white collar--a lot of us can work remotely, so we have this impression it is standard. That isn't the case for most workers though--something like 75% are not working remotely. I imagine that a lot of those that have to go back to work are resentful of those working remotely, or think it is silly, or are annoyed that if their jobs are so important they have to go back, why "important" rich people are not back in the offices. It isn't crazy that politicians would attempt to capitalize on those sentiments.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zoupa

DGuller

Add Chris Christie and Ron Johnson to the list of infected.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: alfred russel on October 03, 2020, 01:22:13 PM

I'm just perplexed that I'm living in the same country as some of you guys - I get things may be different in other countries.

I just came from a yoga class that had 21 people as a max, but I really think they crammed more in there, plus an instructor. There were 2 people wearing masks. I've generally been avoiding restaurants, but the past couple times I've been out on a Friday or Saturday night they were full, with people waiting to be seated (many of whom are not wearing masks).

It isn't just Georgia--the other states I've traveled to recently are North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, and Alaska. They are all the same (possibly excluding North Carolina which is a bit more strict on the rules).

There is this bizarre theater where you have national shows being broadcast from the hosts' homes because it is apparently too dangerous for people to come in to film in a studio, but you are watching it in a restaurant where workers are shoulder to shoulder without masks probably barely making over minimum wage. Those hosts that can't go into work because of the danger are probably making high 6 or 7 figures.

We are generally college educated and white collar--a lot of us can work remotely, so we have this impression it is standard. That isn't the case for most workers though--something like 75% are not working remotely. I imagine that a lot of those that have to go back to work are resentful of those working remotely, or think it is silly, or are annoyed that if their jobs are so important they have to go back, why "important" rich people are not back in the offices. It isn't crazy that politicians would attempt to capitalize on those sentiments.

Of course politicians will capitalize on it. The funny part is that they're drinking their own Kool Aide and whoops, turns out it was tainted with COVID-19! If they had taken more precautions, POTUS and a good chunk of the GOP Senate Judiciary Committee wouldn't be sick, but they didn't and now they are.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

I wonder how the hoaxers are processing the Trump news.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 03, 2020, 04:24:22 PM

That it is a hoax. No, really.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 03, 2020, 04:24:22 PM
Now he's in Walter Reed I genuinely wonder if the QAnon wing of that starts saying it's a deep state attack?
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on October 03, 2020, 04:13:14 PM
Add Chris Christie and Ron Johnson to the list of infected.

Covid or zombie?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 03, 2020, 04:31:26 PM
Now he's in Walter Reed I genuinely wonder if the QAnon wing of that starts saying it's a deep state attack?

Perfidiously perpetrated with a nonexistant virus!  Diobolical!