And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on October 03, 2020, 03:19:28 AM
Jesus Christ, the idiocy of it all.

Hopefully at least it will serve as a teaching moment for all the dunces that look up to this lot, but I'm probably being too optimistic.

That's the most aggravating thing about it.  It's just plain stupid.  Trump has put all these people's lives at risk.  All this because mask-wearing reminds people that the virus.  Something that Trump wants people to forget.  It's a bone-stupid political move that besides being shockingly immoral has backfired on him in the worst possible way.  Now we don't even know if he'll live to see the election.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2020, 04:08:55 AM
If anything, I would expect Trump to become even more reckless if he recovers. "I've had it, can't catch it again!"
Reckless with other people, yes.

QuoteThat's the most aggravating thing about it.  It's just plain stupid.  Trump has put all these people's lives at risk.  All this because mask-wearing reminds people that the virus.  Something that Trump wants people to forget.  It's a bone-stupid political move that besides being shockingly immoral has backfired on him in the worst possible way.  Now we don't even know if he'll live to see the election.
I mean it's more than masks. Trump was dismissive of the virus, he diminished the role of the scientists, he wouldn't say the things every other responsible leader has to encourage compliance. And then it became a culture war issue between his side and others (eg the obsession over masks as political signifier) which means Trump would never back down and be responsible.

I've also read that the secret service and military around Trump are absolutely furious at him because the protocols around the Trump circus and the testing for them is, at best, lax. So they feel they've been put at risk quite recklessly have to do Trump's events and rallies etc.

He's a reality TV star and an estate agent, he's pure surface and spin and bluster: what you say in the media is reality. And the virus is a brutal fact. It doesn't matter what you say about it or how you spin it, or what political view you assign to caution v recklessness. It's just a fact and it will infect in certain conditions.
Let's bomb Russia!

HisMajestyBOB

It's amazing. Months of mocking public health guidelines, and now they've all infected each other. Trump's in the hospital (no debate, no campaigning), and enough GOP Senate members might be sick that they won't have the votes to push through ACB before the election.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 03, 2020, 08:42:35 AM
It's amazing. Months of mocking public health guidelines, and now they've all infected each other. Trump's in the hospital (no debate, no campaigning), and enough GOP Senate members might be sick that they won't have the votes to push through ACB before the election.
And this is what I mean by the weird politicisation of this virus (by Trump) so taking sensible precautionary measures like social distancing etc became "weak" and "Democrat". It was something used to attack Biden, meanwhile this recklessness was almost displaying your loyalty to the President. It was just this insane post-modern moment where people decided that all that mattered was the reality they presented not the actual reality of a virus.
Let's bomb Russia!

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 03, 2020, 08:50:04 AM
And this is what I mean by the weird politicisation of this virus (by Trump) so taking sensible precautionary measures like social distancing etc became "weak" and "Democrat". It was something used to attack Biden, meanwhile this recklessness was almost displaying your loyalty to the President. It was just this insane post-modern moment where people decided that all that mattered was the reality they presented not the actual reality of a virus.

One could hope that this will cause them to rethink that. I'm not hopeful though. Any who do change their tune will get primaried by a QAnon wackadoodle claiming the virus is a Hillary/lizardpeople hoax.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2020, 02:18:49 AM
Tim aren't you too young to start quoting scripture to try and prove your point? Frankly it's slightly creepy.
Those verses fit Trump to a tee. It's as if they were written for him.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

QuoteRick Scott
(@SenRickScott)
I misspoke this morning in my @FoxNews interview. I was tested yesterday for COVID and tested NEGATIVE

Lol what a towering intellect.

merithyn

The absolute best thing to come out of this virus, imo.

Quote from: Solmyr on October 03, 2020, 03:33:48 AM
Any chance McConnell might catch the virus?

McConnell has been fairly scrupulous about social distancing and wearing a mask. If he gets it, it will have to come from his wife.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

QuoteTrump's doctors said it had been 72 hours since Trump's diagnosis (so sometime on Wednesday), which does not fit in with what we know - or were told. We were told of Trump's illness late on Thursday/early Friday Washington DC time. That means Trump apparently went to a fundraiser in New Jersey knowing he had Covid-19. Indeed, on Thursday Trump did not give any indication he had been diagnosed in a television appearance. So either Dr Sean Conley is wrong about the diagnosis, Trump was not told he had Covid-19 or he was not telling the truth.

Now see this is kind of hints at that it is at least somewhat serious, because I would totally expect Trump not give a flying f about spreading it if he was asymptomatic. Which is exactly what may have happened, he learning he had it and just going fundraising because why not he already has it what's the danger right? They only announced it once it was clear he was in no shape to keep campaigning.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2020, 11:22:53 AM
Now see this is kind of hints at that it is at least somewhat serious, because I would totally expect Trump not give a flying f about spreading it if he was asymptomatic. Which is exactly what may have happened, he learning he had it and just going fundraising because why not he already has it what's the danger right? They only announced it once it was clear he was in no shape to keep campaigning.
I feel if there's one group that maybe thought Trump cared about them, it's GOP donors :lol:

From Derek Thompson of the Atlantic based on the information that's come out - this looks very bad and incredibly reckless:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Reading the Guardian coverage, the doctors were all positive and upbeat, but then a source, said to be Trump's Chief of Staff briefed the journalists as such:

QuoteA statement has been provided to pool reporters that contradicts Dr Sean Conley's upbeat update on Trump's health. It says the "the president's vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We're still not on a clear path to a full recovery."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1312440798437281792?s=20

QuoteKelly Loeffler on public health precautions for the ill-fated ACB introductory event last Saturday at the White House, which she attended: "That is what we are trying to do across the country as we try to reopen the economy."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1312441429667373058?s=20

QuoteSen. Loeffler: "The fact that this virus has reached the White House shows that we need to hold the Chinese communist party accountable."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I thought Trump was a Putin vassal, not a Chinese one?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.