What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Listening to Trump's news conference this morning.  He has a pathological need to characterize everything as the best ever.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 19, 2020, 10:41:54 AM
Listening to Trump's news conference this morning.  He has a pathological need to characterize everything as the best ever.

Just stuff that happens when he is in charge, sometimes even stuff he had something to do with.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 17, 2020, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 17, 2020, 06:19:22 PM
It's impressive in a horrifying way how much and how fast Trump has been able to reverse 150 years of effort and progress depoliticizing and professionalizing the American government.

America will survive the coronavirus but not clear whether American democracy as we knew it can survive another 4 years of Trump.

I don't think American Democracy will survive even if Trump leaves.  If Trump loses and leaves peaceably some other Republican will take up where Trump left off in the future.  Trump proved that checks and balances don't work if everyone is not invested and the GOP is no longer invested.

Oh those checks and balances will be completely embraced next time we win the White House.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Larch

He'd rather carry his speeches in huge print and wrapped in plastic folders than reading from a telepromter?

Oexmelin

Have you not seen him trying to read off a teleprompter?
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

They have a treatment for that.  It's called "Glasses".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

It just reminds me that the Sun took the piss out of Gordon Brown for needing large print texts and using a sharpie (they accused him of vandalising the depsatch box in the Commons :bleeding: :ultra:) - which was because he is blind in one eye and has significant visual impairment.
Let's bomb Russia!

Oexmelin

So... a bunch of Republican senators are now in self-quarantine (some of them because of "it may be a hoax" Rand Paul) and will no longer be able to vote for the next two weeks...

Does that give, de facto, a majority to the Democrats? Can they impose a bunch of measures in the meantime?

(Paul, KY; Cruz, TX; Romney and Lee, UT; Scott, FL; Gardner, CO by my count).
Que le grand cric me croque !

celedhring

The US doesn't allow remote voting for members of Congress?

Maladict

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 23, 2020, 08:04:44 AM
So... a bunch of Republican senators are now in self-quarantine (some of them because of "it may be a hoax" Rand Paul) and will no longer be able to vote for the next two weeks...

Does that give, de facto, a majority to the Democrats? Can they impose a bunch of measures in the meantime?

That sounds like a pretty shitty thing to do, regardless of who is doing it.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 23, 2020, 08:04:44 AM

The Democrats would have had a majority if Sanders had turned up to vote :lol: :weep:

Also Paul's conduct is disgraceful - while he was waiting for the test results he was still using the Senate gym (which I feel should be shut down given that it is primarily a gym for the elderly :blink:) and had lunch with Republican Senators.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Don't look at me, I didn't vote for the guy. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points