News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

But he's so entertaining. Aren't you just constantly laughing at his adorable goofs?
Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 04, 2019, 11:45:23 PM
Targeting unpopular private parties is how would-be dictators condition the public to accept their abuse of authority.  It's the same playbook run from Venezeula to Turkey to Russia.
:yes:

But you're not a Republican, so it's a moot point :(

I do share your sentiment, and I've tried to argue it, without any success, with the local 5th column.  What's worst is the left wing tendancy to accept the same when it comes to their own morons.  I feel like I'm trapped, without any future.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 05, 2019, 11:02:21 AM
It's a high price to pay just to get some holy rollers on the federal courts and a fat tax break for passive limited partnerships.

I tend to think the crux of the problem is that the GOP leadership likes that they're getting most of their agenda implemented, and realize that comes best through the Executive branch than it does through the Congress.  With Trump, they don't need to worry about legislating cuts to the federal workforce or programs...Trump will simply just not fill posts, and effectively neuter the executive implementation of federal tasks/responsibilities.

And the only thing it costs them is some foreign trade tariffs and their dignity/integrity.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Maladict

Surprised at the size of Vodka and Rum. Also, Cognac  :lol:  No surprise there.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on March 06, 2019, 10:26:45 AM
Surprised at the size of Vodka and Rum.

Is that because of lack of experience with Americans?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2019, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: Maladict on March 06, 2019, 10:26:45 AM
Surprised at the size of Vodka and Rum.

Is that because of lack of experience with Americans?

Probably. Would be strange if it wasn't.

Admiral Yi

Overpriced vodka is the default beverage for nightclubbing doofuses and cheapo vodka is the default beverage for female barflies.

The Minsky Moment

States (or countries) that produce significant quantities of wine are more likely to consume more as well.  California is by far the biggest wine producing state, followed by Washington, New York and Oregon.  So geography may be a big driver of the wine-beer divide.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

A little embarrassed by some of the choices in my quadrant, but I'm on board with Sam Adams, Bourbon, Scotch, and Cabernet.  And Riesling if it's dry :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

What the hell are Sam Adams and Yuengling doing in the Nazi quadrant?

Barrister

What I find interesting about that map is how almost all Republican beverages are above the "high voter turnout" line, while the Democratic beverages are evenly split between the high and low likelihood of voting line.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Goddamned Bud Light drinkers are the main factor dragging us down.  Go figure.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2019, 12:34:16 PM
What I find interesting about that map is how almost all Republican beverages are above the "high voter turnout" line, while the Democratic beverages are evenly split between the high and low likelihood of voting line.

It's long been conventional wisdom that high turnout helps Dems.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?