And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 26, 2019, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on February 26, 2019, 04:10:59 PM
The Chinese Chief negotiator actually laughed out loud at Trump. In the Oval Office.   :wacko:

I hadn't noticed that the first time I saw it, the Chinese are sitting there saying to themselves, "I can't believe how easy this has become" as they make a note to further play to Trump's need to contradict his own experts.

At this point you are going to have the Russians and the Chinese both competing to influence the 2020 elections in Trump's favour.

mongers

Trump is going to be livid with India and Pakistan for over shadowing his Kim love in.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on February 27, 2019, 08:22:08 AM
Trump is going to be livid with India and Pakistan for over shadowing his Kim love in.

Nah, it won't get near as much coverage on Fox and CNN.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 27, 2019, 08:28:46 AM

Yep, there are two headlines that mention India or Pakistan on the CNN.com homepage; and there are twelve that mention Donald Trump and two more that mention Ivanka. (3/43/1 on Foxnews.com though they also list India-Pakistan tension as a "Hot Topic".)  Nothing can overshadow the Trump.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

Quote from: Savonarola on February 27, 2019, 09:04:25 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 27, 2019, 08:28:46 AM

Yep, there are two headlines that mention India or Pakistan on the CNN.com homepage; and there are twelve that mention Donald Trump and two more that mention Ivanka. (3/43/1 on Foxnews.com though they also list India-Pakistan tension as a "Hot Topic".)  Nothing can overshadow the Trump.

:bleeding:

Thanks for the Sav.

So the news coverage he expects and gets in some quarters is heading for that which Kim enjoys in the DRPK?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

To be fair the Kashmir thing is deep buried even on the Guardian page, and we are talking about former colonies with a lot of Brits/local immigrants with ancestry there.

garbon

On mobile layout, it is story below Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2019, 10:24:52 AM
On mobile layout, it is story below Trump.

on the regular page it is one of several tiny boxes below Brexit, Trump, and Labou antisemitism debates.

Maladict

Watching Cohen's testimony, this is very entertaining.

Syt

Every time Trump negotiates with foreign leaders, I'm reminded of Babylon 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62EaD85zX7o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2019, 10:15:44 PM
In practice it seems eager to pass responsibility to the President than make tough decisions.

Congress has been ceding power to the Executive Branch for 80-some years.  It's gotten worse in recent years, which is made more apparent by having an idiot in the White House.

Syt

:lol:

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Jul 16, 2013
Just found out that at a charity auction of celebrity portraits in E. Hampton, my portrait by artist William Quigley topped  list at $60K

Janice Marschner
"@realDonaldTrump: at a charity auction my portrait topped  list at $60K" coincidentally you also have a $60K charitable receipt for 2013 ;)
10:55 PM - Jul 17, 2013
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Can you imagine being so vain that you buy a portrait of yourself to boast about it online? Must be painful.

Legbiter

Quote from: Savonarola on February 27, 2019, 09:04:25 AMYep, there are two headlines that mention India or Pakistan on the CNN.com homepage; and there are twelve that mention Donald Trump and two more that mention Ivanka. (3/43/1 on Foxnews.com though they also list India-Pakistan tension as a "Hot Topic".)  Nothing can overshadow the Trump.

Presumably if they nuke each other into oblivion they'll get 4 headlines on each network.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Zoupa

Quote from: Zanza on February 27, 2019, 01:06:11 PM
Can you imagine being so vain that you buy a portrait of yourself to boast about it online? Must be painful.

It's worse. He used a fake buyer and the Trump Foundation, a registered charitable organization, paid the fake buyer back.