News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2019, 06:38:23 PM
It seems a bit counterproductive move for a President who said he was in favor of increasing legal immigration.

That's obviously false except for one very particular category: the H2B visa program for non-agricultural temporary seasonal workers, the bulk of which are used in the hospitality industry.  That quota was enlarged by presidential order.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Turns out the president can do a shitload more on his own that I thought.

The Minsky Moment

Presidential powers were continually expanded during and after WW2 to address the need for quick and decisive action on national security grounds.  It was done on the understanding that any individual raised to such a high office would have a sense of the gravity of their position and would refrain from abusing that authority for obviously inappropriate purposes.

Our executive system of government as it has developed simply was not designed to deal with a Donald Trump as president.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Trump starting to get unhappy with Fox:

QuoteBring back @JudgeJeanine Pirro. The Radical Left Democrats, working closely with their beloved partner, the Fake News Media, is using every trick in the book to SILENCE a majority of our Country. They have all out campaigns against @FoxNews hosts who are doing too well. Fox must stay strong and fight back with vigor. Stop working soooo hard on being politically correct, which will only bring you down, and continue to fight for our Country. The losers all want what you have, don't give it to them. Be strong & prosper, be weak & die! Stay true to the people that got you there. Keep fighting for Tucker, and fight hard for @JudgeJeanine. Your competitors are jealous - they all want what you've got - NUMBER ONE. Don't hand it to them on a silver platter. They can't beat you, you can only beat yourselves!

[...]

Were @FoxNews weekend anchors, @ArthelNeville and @LelandVittert, trained by CNN prior to their ratings collapse? In any event, that's where they should be working, along with their lowest rated anchor, Shepard Smith!

He also retweeted stories from a website (ilovemyfreedom.org) that https://mediabiasfactcheck.com rates as extreme right: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/i-love-my-freedom/

And a guy who, according to his twitter profile is a Qanon believer:
⭐️⭐️⭐️VB🇺🇸Nationalist
@vmbb12
We have to fight back. They have not let up on President Trump, nor his supporters since they lost. They are losers, we are winners! President Trump calls on Fox News to 'bring back' Jeanine Pirro

Oh, and this:

QuoteDonald J. Trump Retweeted

QuoteWilliam Craddick
@williamcraddick
21h
Russiagate was designed in part to help the UK counter Russian influence by baiting the United States into taking a hard line against them. Leaves us all with a more dangerous world as a consequence. Just another episode of the Great Game.
Quote Tweet
QuoteTulsi Gabbard
@TulsiGabbard
Short-sighted politicians & media pundits who've spent last 2 years accusing Trump as a Putin puppet have brought us the expensive new Cold War & arms race. How? Because Trump now does everything he can to prove he's not Putin's puppet—even if it brings us closer to nuclear war.

He was also whining about GM not opening a plant right away, and their having talks with the unions months from now. And more. Must have been bored yesterday.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I am so glad the President is heading a national discussion about which TV anchors they like. That is the kind of leadership my country needs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2019, 04:18:21 PM
Turns out the president can do a shitload more on his own that I thought.

The clip where he tied his shoes was fake.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Meanwhile, Kellyanne Conway's husband George has been posting this:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Generally they don't diagnoses more than one personality disorder.  Narcissism and antisocial are both in the "histrionic" cluster so you get a lot of overlap.  Heavy overlap is regarded indicates a high level of severity in the disorder.

Antisocial strikes me as unlikely since people with that have a difficulty hiding their misdeeds.  Narcissism on the other hand...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Conway is a lawyer not a psychiatrist, he is making a rhetorical point, not a clinical one.
--Joan Robinson

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Syt on March 18, 2019, 03:36:13 PM
Meanwhile, Kellyanne Conway's husband George has been posting this:

Someone is gonna sleep on the couch tonight.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

11B4V

I've never seen him referred to as an Ex. So I think they are still married.  Since 2001 according to wiki.

He is married to Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump. Introduced by Ann Coulter,[6] they have four children and live in Washington, D.C.[20] Conway previously dated conservative pundit Laura Ingraham.[21] Conway is half Filipino on his mother's side.[22]

Coulter and Ingraham. Must be a fetish. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

From what I've read Kellyanne knows that Trump is an idiot and makes fun of him behind his back.  She doesn't believe the shit she says and thinks this is some kind of weird joke.

I don't know if that makes her better person or a worse one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?