News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

We had an excellent Fed Chair, Janet Yellen. Trump knew she was good, even publicly praised her.  But he fired her anyways for the sole reason she had been appointed by Obama.  He interviewed people and then appointed Powell.  Powell wasn't a great choice but he was a good choice.  He's done a very solid job under tricky conditions.

The GOP has its share of Fed critics in its "audit the Fed" wing - but they are all hard money types who want to bring back the gold standard, etc.  Trump is the opposite - he wants to Fed to pursue a full bore inflationary policy. Rand Paul is silent on this now that he thinks he is Trump's new whisperer.

There isn't much a President can do to mess up the economy but this administration gets an A+ for effort.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

:lol: :cry:

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1077268956497543168
Quote from: KrugmanSo many tweets going by that I can't remember who said this; but Mnuchin's intervention from the golf course yesterday was like the pilot on a regular flight coming on the PA to say,"I'd like to reassure everyone: we do have enough fuel to land."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

:lmfao: What a magnificent dick! 

Sending market crashing tweets by day, crushing children's innocence by night.
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1077375011600678912
QuoteDonald Trump, answering phone call from 7-year-old on Christmas Eve: "Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at seven it's marginal, right?"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 25, 2018, 01:17:26 AM
:lmfao: What a magnificent dick! 

Sending market crashing tweets by day, crushing children's innocence by night.
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1077375011600678912
QuoteDonald Trump, answering phone call from 7-year-old on Christmas Eve: "Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at seven it's marginal, right?"

I have to side with Trump on this one.  Children need to know that presents cost money as soon as possible. 

11B4V

I can't believe we are fucking over the Kurds again. :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Americans can be notoriously fickle allies.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 25, 2018, 04:28:41 PM
Americans can be notoriously fickle allies.

While it sucks that we've been the ones screwing over the Kurds recently, it's not just us.  When have they ever not gotten screwed over by someone? 

Eddie Teach

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall