News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Mattis is going to be retiring at the end of February.  :bleeding:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on December 20, 2018, 12:26:30 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 20, 2018, 11:06:35 AM
My niece's husband has shared this:

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

"We The People Will Fund The Wall"

$4,268,665 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 69,681 people in 3 days

Why did they set the goal at 1 BILLLLLLION dollars?  Should have done like $10 million to get started and then work from there.  They'll have to refund everything unless they hit that goal.

You're thinking of kickstarter. GoFundMe lets you keep the money even if you fail to reach the goal. Thus setting an impossible goal is actual a positive for grifting as much as possible
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Markets having worst year since 2008
Special Counsel convictions
COS and SECDEF resign
DOJ in chaos
Government shutdown almost certain

Merry Christmas!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 20, 2018, 06:19:09 PM
COS and SECDEF resign
DOJ in chaos

Merry Christmas!

Yup :bleeding:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

I guess we'll see if all those stories about Mattis being the brake on Donald's worst inclinations regarding the use of force were true or not.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Kleves on December 20, 2018, 05:34:19 PM
Mattis is going to be retiring at the end of February.  :bleeding:

His resignation letter is worth reading.
Phone posting, otherwise I'd link it.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 20, 2018, 06:19:09 PM
COS and SECDEF resign
DOJ in chaos

Merry Christmas!

Well I hoped it would all hold together until we could get that clown out of office. I am sad to see that perhaps it will not.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

To quote the musical "Evita" - the money keeps rolling in:

Quote$10,757,607 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 176,602 people in 4 days

This is the initiator:

http://briankolfage.com/

"Motivational Veteran Speaker"

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I like that people are donating when the page notes that they haven't actually figured out how the money would get to the government to pay for the wall.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 20, 2018, 05:41:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 20, 2018, 12:26:30 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 20, 2018, 11:06:35 AM
My niece's husband has shared this:

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

"We The People Will Fund The Wall"

$4,268,665 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 69,681 people in 3 days

Why did they set the goal at 1 BILLLLLLION dollars?  Should have done like $10 million to get started and then work from there.  They'll have to refund everything unless they hit that goal.

You're thinking of kickstarter. GoFundMe lets you keep the money even if you fail to reach the goal. Thus setting an impossible goal is actual a positive for grifting as much as possible

The guy says in his pitch that every penny is getting refunded if they don't hit their goal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on December 21, 2018, 08:59:29 AM
I like that people are donating when the page notes that they haven't actually figured out how the money would get to the government to pay for the wall.

That's rather convenient. Do we think the money will get there via a Swiss account or the Caymans?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien