News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Jeff Sessions was one of Trump's earliest and most loyal supporters, one the few high profile GOP office holder to be an enthusiastic backer of Trump's candidacy. Trump repaid that royalty with repeated humiliations, then tossing him on the scrap heap, his career in ruin. Trump of course didn't have the balls to do it himself, the Chief of Staff ended up doing it over the phone.

An useful lesson for Trump's political boosters. You may think yourself an ally of the President, but all you are is an object to be used when useful and then disposed like garbage when not.

(I don't feel bad for Sessions BTW. Bastard reaped what he sowed)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2018, 03:07:35 AM
Jeff Sessions was one of Trump's earliest and most loyal supporters, one the few high profile GOP office holder to be an enthusiastic backer of Trump's candidacy. Trump repaid that royalty with repeated humiliations, then tossing him on the scrap heap, his career in ruin. Trump of course didn't have the balls to do it himself, the Chief of Staff ended up doing it over the phone.

Well, it turned out that Sessions was Lawful Evil and did things by the book instead of putting his boss's interests above the law. Can't have this disloyalty in the Mob. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

What is the doctored video showing, according to the White House?  It doesn't show anything the real video doesn't show, it's just blurred.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Calling all (American) lawtalkers:

According to my understanding of the law,  Jim Acosta was the victim of battery at the White House pres conference.  The intern clearly intentionally touched him, the touching was unwelcome, and it was offensive.  I know laws on battery vary by jurisdiction, but doesn't this seem like battery?  Can Acosta file a complaint?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

So Antifa protesters found out where Tucker Carlson lives and the mob descended on his house ringing his door bell and chanting outside. What a weird time we live in.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Well, he sure does sound like Fascist on tv.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 08, 2018, 10:25:00 AM
So Antifa protesters found out where Tucker Carlson lives and the mob descended on his house ringing his door bell and chanting outside. What a weird time we live in.

WTF? I hope the police were called.

I mean I get that some people suck but going to somebody's home is over the line. People need to be secure in their own homes.

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 08, 2018, 10:31:26 AM

Oh he is a piece of garbage but still...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2018, 10:55:04 AM

I mean I get that some people suck but going to somebody's home is over the line. People need to be secure in their own homes.

Yeah, they were chanting "we will fight. we know where you sleep at night"' amongst other things. I mean he's a dick and all, i'm just uncomfortable with people showing up at others homes to protest.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on November 08, 2018, 10:12:17 AM

According to my understanding of the law,  Jim Acosta was the victim of battery at the White House pres conference.  The intern clearly intentionally touched him, the touching was unwelcome, and it was offensive.  I know laws on battery vary by jurisdiction, but doesn't this seem like battery?  Can Acosta file a complaint?

I wonder in the hypothetical world where this happens if the white house can argue the retrieval of stolen goods as a cause.

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on November 08, 2018, 10:12:17 AM

I know you specifically excluded me, but it would seem that the level of contact on either party was so low it would run contrary to de minimus non curat lex.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

New footage released:

*insert Wilhelm scream*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2018, 10:55:04 AM

There is no still, why does he get to be safe in his own home when his speech is making other people not safe?

Razgovory

We are entering some really weird territory.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017