News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

His girth kinda reminds me of the Reichsjägermeister in that picture.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Syt

I find his notgivingafuckitude impressive.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

That's the single best clip of Trump in action I have ever seen.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Well, obviously it's abstinence for teen girls. Teen boys can just grab them by the pussy.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

I hope democracy is going to survive this worldwide downturn.  If it does come back, I hope more protections will be built in to guard against fascists turning democratic protections against democracy.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2018, 06:37:47 PM
Fascist candidate wins the election in Brazil

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/oct/28/brazil-election-2018-second-round-of-voting-closes-as-bolsonaro-eyes-the-presidency-live

Okay, so I am not an expert on Brazilian politics.

But my sister-in-law insisted on going out to vote at the Brazilian colsulate for Bolsonaro, even though it was Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.  When asked about it had nothing to do with "fascism" - but rather a lingering disgust with the prior 15 years of leftist rule, which of course included a number of corruption prosecutions.

While Bolsonaro has said the odd thing favourable about themilitary dictatorship, I am unconvinced that makes him the next Mussolini, or the next Trymp.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zoupa

Please inform yourself a little bit more. He's a mix of Berlusconi, Trump and Duterte.

Syt

He a the main issue with the military dictatorship was they didn't kill enough people. He's told women on camera that he won't rape them because they're too ugly. And he said he'd rather his son be dead than gay.
—Stephen Jay Gould