What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Florida man gropes woman's breast on plane, says Trump said it's ok to grope women: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45958023

Florida man arrested after threatening to kill politicans who vote "no" on Kavanaugh confirmation: http://time.com/5416674/florida-kavanaugh-vote-threat/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2018, 09:54:09 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2018, 09:49:13 AM
Ok so what is going on with all the bombs being sent to the Clintons, George Soros, and CNN? I presume President Trump will be quick to put these terrorists in their place.

Some user comment sections seem to think it's false flag to foster a sympathy vote.

And that's why I try to avoid user comment sections.

So why are you still posting on languish.  :P

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Apparently there was a bomb alert at the CNN studio in New York,  and another bomb intercepted on way to the White House:

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/clintons-obama-suspicious-packages/index.html

I guess someone's just fed up with everything and everyone now?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2018, 10:10:01 AM
Apparently there was a bomb alert at the CNN studio in New York,  and another bomb intercepted on way to the White House:

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/clintons-obama-suspicious-packages/index.html

Is it worth turning the news on for this stuff or is it fairly low priority coverage?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2018, 09:55:21 AM
Ok so what is going on with all the bombs being sent to the Clintons, George Soros, and CNN? I presume President Trump will be quick to put these terrorists in their place.

Some user comment sections seem to think it's false flag to foster a sympathy vote.

Are there any actual examples of an American False Flag operation? I mean we have dozens, if not hundreds, theorized every year and I wonder if we have any actual proven ones.

Pearl Harbor, duh  :rolleyes:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Are there any actual examples of an American False Flag operation? I mean we have dozens, if not hundreds, theorized every year and I wonder if we have any actual proven ones.

The Second Tonkin Gulf attack? Or was that just "fog of war" and honest misreporting? Not an expert on the particulars.

The Brain

Back in the day white people in blackface would sing racist songs. Today they run over their feet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Are there any actual examples of an American False Flag operation?

USS Maine.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on October 24, 2018, 12:22:02 PM
Are there any actual examples of an American False Flag operation?

USS Maine.

:lol:

Nice one coming from the Spaniard. That was an accident we pinned on you, we didn't actually blow up the ship. Or at least...that isn't proven :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Fort Sumter was an inside job!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2018, 10:10:01 AM

Most likely its just one crazy.  There's always crazy people, nothing to do about that.
Still, given that the *are* crazy people, maybe, just maybe, the Trumpies should dial back the rhetoric a bit about traitors and criminals and stomping on people's faces with spikes.

It used to be crazy people stayed out of Republican politics because it was filled with boring people like Romney and Eisenhower. Now its like a flashing neon sign saying Crazies Unite!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2018, 09:32:45 AM
He still seems to think it's not the U.S. consumers paying the tariffs ...  :hmm:

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Billions of dollars are, and will be, coming into United States coffers because of Tariffs. Great also for negotiations - if a country won't give us a fair Trade Deal, we will institute Tariffs on them. Used or not, jobs and businesses will be created. U.S. respected again!

Hey Donald, do you know that car industry you are always ranting on about out.  You know the one that runs a multi-billion dollar export *surplus* to China:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/09/18/china-tariff-auto-industry-impact/1346276002/

QuoteNew tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump on auto parts from China will hit carmaker profits, cut sales and threaten to "start a downward cycle" in the critical industry, analysts unanimously agree . . .

https://www.wsj.com/articles/auto-makers-in-the-u-s-including-tesla-and-ford-brace-for-additional-tariff-from-china-1530435604

QuoteChina fulfilled a pledge to slash tariffs on imported cars Sunday, but the respite for auto makers who export to China from the U.S. will be brief as Beijing prepares to slap an additional 25% tariff on U.S. auto imports this Friday.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/273171-tariff-war-casualty-americas-largest-car-exporter-shifts-some-production-to-china

QuotePresident Trump's plan to save American jobs by putting tariffs on foreign imports may do the opposite. Retaliatory tariffs imposed by China have BMW hiking prices in China. Also, BMW, in conjunction with China's Brilliance, will build X3 SUVs in China. Until now, the X3 has been exclusively made in Spartanburg, SC, the world's largest BMW factory.

OOPS

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2018, 10:02:06 AM
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-steps-up-attacks-on-fed-chairman-jerome-powell-1540338090

Quote[...]

Mr. Trump said he views tariffs, which have been a centerpiece of his "America First" economic and trade agenda in his first two years in office, as a negotiating tactic and vastly understated the size of the tariff regime put in place by his administration.

"We don't even have tariffs. I'm using tariffs to negotiate," the president said, describing the tariffs on steel and aluminum he imposed this year as "small."

The U.S. this year imposed tariffs on steel, aluminum, washers and solar panels, as well as tariffs on an additional $250 billion of Chinese imports. Some businesses have supported the tariffs, but many have said they hurt their profits and could lead to higher prices for customers.

"Where do we have tariffs? We don't have tariffs anywhere," Mr. Trump said when asked about the risks tariffs pose to the economy. "You know what happens? A business that's doing badly always likes to blame Trump and the tariffs, because it's a good excuse for some incompetent guy that's making $25 million a year."

[...]

WHat the flying fuck brain damage does this person have?

Donald Trump: Did they say why, Pence, why they want to terminate my Presidency?
Mike Pence: I was sent by the Congress and the cabinet.
Donald Trump: What did they tell you?
Mike Pence: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
Donald Trump: Are my methods unsound?
Mike Pence: I don't see any method at all, sir.
Donald Trump: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?
Mike Pence: I'm a vice president
Donald trump: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2018, 12:56:14 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2018, 10:02:06 AM
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-steps-up-attacks-on-fed-chairman-jerome-powell-1540338090

Quote[...]

Mr. Trump said he views tariffs, which have been a centerpiece of his "America First" economic and trade agenda in his first two years in office, as a negotiating tactic and vastly understated the size of the tariff regime put in place by his administration.

"We don't even have tariffs. I'm using tariffs to negotiate," the president said, describing the tariffs on steel and aluminum he imposed this year as "small."

The U.S. this year imposed tariffs on steel, aluminum, washers and solar panels, as well as tariffs on an additional $250 billion of Chinese imports. Some businesses have supported the tariffs, but many have said they hurt their profits and could lead to higher prices for customers.

"Where do we have tariffs? We don't have tariffs anywhere," Mr. Trump said when asked about the risks tariffs pose to the economy. "You know what happens? A business that's doing badly always likes to blame Trump and the tariffs, because it's a good excuse for some incompetent guy that's making $25 million a year."

[...]

WHat the flying fuck brain damage does this person have?

Donald Trump: Did they say why, Pence, why they want to terminate my Presidency?
Mike Pence: I was sent by the Congress and the cabinet.
Donald Trump: What did they tell you?
Mike Pence: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
Donald Trump: Are my methods unsound?
Mike Pence: I don't see any method at all, sir.
Donald Trump: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?
Mike Pence: I'm a vice president
Donald trump: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

I'd be astonished if Trump was that witty.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Trump does essentially a "+1" post:

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I agree wholeheartedly!

QuoteVice President Mike Pence
@VP
We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, @CNN & others. These cowardly actions are despicable & have no place in this Country. Grateful for swift response of @SecretService, @FBI & local law enforcement. Those responsible will be brought to justice.

No mention of Soros? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould