Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 27, 2018, 02:11:03 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2018, 02:06:20 PM
Stick a fork in Kavanaugh.

I haven't seen any of the hearing. Is it really that bad for him?

He broke down.  Trump hates anything that looks like weakness.  He'll be withdrawn tomorrow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Clearly he has to be lying. He's the only person in the history of drinking/partying who has never had times where he didn't remember details of what happened the night before? :yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

Having watched all the testimony thus far, I honestly don't fully believe Ford. I suspect something may have happened to her, but I'm not convinced she knows who did it and think there's a chance she's "projecting" some unpleasant childhood memory onto a face where her real memory doesn't actually know who did this.

I actually don't think Kavanaugh has any recollection of doing this, if he did it. I think he was a regular black out drunk, and I think it's very obvious that he's lying about being a blackout drunk. Technically those lies alone are perjury and disqualifying, regardless of the truth of what's going on with Ford.

garbon

What an American ending to that hearing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 27, 2018, 02:11:03 PM
I haven't seen any of the hearing. Is it really that bad for him?

I watched two clips.  One was of Ford recounting Teh Incident, and I found her credible.  The other was of Kavanaugh bitching about the 10 day delay giving a chance for people to come forward with more false accusations.  Trying to play the High Tech Lynching card and not carrying it off.

The Minsky Moment

That was a crazy opening speech by a candidate for judicial office. He openly accused the Democrats on the committee of orchestrating a coordinated conspiracy against him. Brett - that kind of talk is what your Fox News surrogates are for.

This is still a judicial confirmation, he still needs to make the case he can serve as a fair arbiter of politically tinged disputes.  Today he undermined that case.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Also what were the Senate Republicans thinking with Mitchell?  You can't do a proper cross if you're interrupted every 5 minutes.  Also you don't use a career prosecutor to conduct a cross-examination - prosecutors don't get many cross-examination reps because defendants rarely testify.  And you certainly don't bring in a career sex crimes prosecutor to go after a victim - Mitchell's heart wasn't in it and who can blame her.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

His audience was the handful of Senate Republicans on the fence. I don't think attacking Dems hurt him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 27, 2018, 05:55:50 PM
His audience was the handful of Senate Republicans on the fence. I don't think attacking Dems hurt him.

The Senate is traditionally more collegial than the House.  I don't think you win any points with Collins and Murkowski by attacking fellow senators.

FunkMonk

Either she is lying, which is horrible, or he is lying, which is also horrible.

Not a good day for the republic.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Minsky Moment

It's hard to imagine that Collins came out today with happy feelings about this nomination. I don't envy her position.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 27, 2018, 05:55:50 PM

Does coming off as a partisan nutcase mean you are fit to be on the Supreme Court? I suppose. Why not?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 27, 2018, 02:16:47 PM
In my opinion, he's certainly coming off like trash in his testimony.  The inner bully is certainly surfacing.

It was the kind of behavior that made me go, yeah this guy looks like he would make a mean drunk.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point