What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 25, 2018, 01:39:03 PM
Target (a) means that he will always have a fiscally inflationary bias.
I'm not sure that low inflation is as good of a thing as it's made out to be.  Low inflation seems to favor capital over labor, and leads to unsustainable wealth inequality.

jimmy olsen

What kind of weirdo keeps 30 year old calendars? And how does this prove anything. He could have gone to a party not on the calendar and there are definitely parties/events on it where there could have been underage drinking.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I suppose it's a lazy way of keeping a diary.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 26, 2018, 02:55:41 AM
What kind of weirdo keeps 30 year old calendars? And how does this prove anything.

Someone who aspires to power but is worried that one day they might be questioned about suspected misbehaviour?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 26, 2018, 04:43:08 AM
I suppose it's a lazy way of keeping a diary.

It is, I have kept a lot of those as well, they've proved very useful.
And I guess they could make for somewhat plausible alibis, as well.   :hmm:

celedhring

My parents probably keep my school/uni calendars stashed up somewhere at their place. They hoard everything that has some nostalgia value from their sons.

Legbiter

Quote from: celedhring on September 26, 2018, 05:18:03 AM
My parents probably keep my school/uni calendars stashed up somewhere at their place. They hoard everything that has some nostalgia value from their sons.

Mine are in a drawer somewhere. I really should start cleaning that old crap out.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Avenatti (Stormy Daniels lawyer with his own 2020 ambitions) comes out with a new Kavanaugh accuser, Julie Swetnick.  Says she observed Kavanaugh get drunk and sexually harass women on numerous occasions.  Swetnick says she was raped on one occasion when Kavanaugh was "present".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

He'll be doing well if people haven't forgotten who he is by 2020.

The Minsky Moment

It's clear that Kavanaugh has a Mark Judge problem.  They seem to have been very close in high school and its not credible to think to Judge lived this wild life while his best friend acted the choirboy.  Judge by his own admission was completely out of control.  He jokes in his yearbook about beating women.  The new allegations center around Judge, and he is also present in the Ford account.

Judge is refusing to talk and the Senate Republicans are oddly reticent about calling him to testify.  The comparison between him and these women who are all giving testimony under penalty of perjury is glaring.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 26, 2018, 12:28:48 PM
It's clear that Kavanaugh has a Mark Judge problem.  They seem to have been very close in high school and its not credible to think to Judge lived this wild life while his best friend acted the choirboy.  Judge by his own admission was completely out of control.  He jokes in his yearbook about beating women.  The new allegations center around Judge, and he is also present in the Ford account.

Judge is refusing to talk and the Senate Republicans are oddly reticent about calling him to testify.  The comparison between him and these women who are all giving testimony under penalty of perjury is glaring.

So we started out with trying to judge whether a 53 year old man is suitable to be a Supreme Court Justice based on what he did as a high school student (or maybe a university freshman).  Now we're trying to judge whether he is suitable based on his friends he had in high school?  I really do get the frustration from Republicans.

But yeah - as more information has come out it doesn't necessarily make the specific accusations against Kavanaugh more or less credible - but they sure make Kavanaugh look like he's not at all being honest about his past.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2018, 12:38:57 PM
but they sure make Kavanaugh look like he's not at all being honest about his past.

That's the problem.  The deny everything strategy lacks credibility.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on September 26, 2018, 07:07:13 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 26, 2018, 05:18:03 AM

Mine are in a drawer somewhere. I really should start cleaning that old crap out.

Idiot, keep them in case you get nominated for a lifetime judicial appointment!!!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Legbiters life expectancy is only 3 months due to all whale meat diet.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
Avenatti (Stormy Daniels lawyer with his own 2020 ambitions) comes out with a new Kavanaugh accuser, Julie Swetnick.  Says she observed Kavanaugh get drunk and sexually harass women on numerous occasions.  Swetnick says she was raped on one occasion when Kavanaugh was "present".

They had a fucking roll call?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.