News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Because people are engaging the stupid tribal brain. It's not about what's actually in the tax bill. Most of the legislators voting on the bill don't actually know what's in it, let alone the general American public.

Eddie Teach

We know the core of the bill- cutting corporate taxes by 40%.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 18, 2017, 09:19:35 AM

Riddle me this, Batman:  if the Makers are getting rewarded by this while the Takers are being punished for being Takers, does that make the Makers the Takers, too?

Fate

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 18, 2017, 09:19:35 AM

That's one section that we know about, but that's only a part of the major changes that we're going to see.

Shit like the Corker-kickback came out in the news just yesterday despite how huge of an effect it has on the profit margins of the real estate industry. Pass through stuff is going to take years for the dust to settle. We really don't know what the hell we're going to get because the details haven't yet been written by the administrative state and we haven't gone to court to further define the boundaries.

CountDeMoney

The Makers are going to make the Takers Renters.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2017, 05:06:50 PMAs always?  That's not true.  It may not be as much as you would like, which would probably be something like an MSNBC volume, but you can hardly say moderate conservatives have been entirely silent.

Yes, I can hardly say that moderate conservatives have been entirely silent. Certainly, there is a whimper there, and a carefully worded tsk tsk here, and some well-written columns by conservatives writing in liberal outlets and confidential blogs. Compared with the trumpets blasting from Fox, with the complicit silence of Republican lawmakers, and the general watching and learning that is taking place from all corners of conservative America, it is not nearly enough. Not for my leftist perspective, to be sure. But I would have hoped that conservatives, of all people, stood for a certain idea of America not entirely embodied in authoritarianism, and institutional rot. Are these mythical moderate Republicans going to show up at local party initiatives? The past indicates that your fundamentalist friends are way more motivated to get their candidates out there, than you are to get yours. Rich donors, in the meantime, will continue to purchase the model candidates they wish from the available catalogue. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Fate

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 17, 2017, 05:02:18 PM
Meanwhile, as always, deafening silence from "moderate"conservatives.

Who is being silent?

The NRO and Weekly Standard crowd is fairly vehemently anti-Trump when he crosses their lines and not afraid to depart when this occurs. They agree Mueller's investigation should be allowed to run his course and that firing Mueller would be catastrophic. Things like the tax bill or packing the federal judiciary with mainline conservatives are shared interests, so of course you're not going to see them opposing it.

dps

I think I've been pretty clear that I hold President Trump in contempt, but then again, I'm not a conservative leader nor do I consider myself "moderate" in my conservatism.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Fate on December 18, 2017, 03:16:53 PM
mainline conservatives are shared interests, so of course you're not going to see them opposing it.

Sure but packing the Court with people who know nothing about law or judicial process is something even rabid anti-choice conservatives should oppose.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Fate on December 18, 2017, 08:56:31 AM
Because people are engaging the stupid tribal brain. It's not about what's actually in the tax bill. Most of the legislators voting on the bill don't actually know what's in it, let alone the general American public.

If people were engaging their tribal brain it would be 50/50 or close to it, not -19
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Why are so many Republicans talking about civil war?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2017, 08:19:01 PM

They're just like Languishites--everyone loves a civil war hijack.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2017, 08:19:01 PM

Some of us just want to purchase a barrel of ammo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Real estate pass-through incum.

QuoteWhen the U.S. Senate takes up the final tax bill this week, more than a quarter of all GOP senators will be voting on a bill that includes a special provision that could give them a new tax cut through their real estate shell companies, according to federal records reviewed by International Business Times.

The provision was not in the original bill passed by the Senate on Dec. 1. It was embedded in the final bill by Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, who is among the lawmakers that stand to personally benefit from the provision.

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/republican-senators-will-save-millions-special-real-estate-tax-break-2630037

Sure, it doesn't make you cum nearly as fucking hard as facefucking the Dow Jones, but it'll do in a keeping-the-pipes-clean-in-the-shower preventive maintenance kinda way.