News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

P'dox taught me its all one Germanic religion so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I'm embarrassed to say it took me a while to figure that out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2017, 04:33:05 AM
It's cool. He's worshipping Wodan rather than Odin.

Why call it Norse then? I am unconvinced.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2017, 12:13:58 AM
One can certainly draw a moral equivalence between Fascists and Communists.

FOr it to be relevant though, one would need to actually have both sides show up to the party.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

500 people from all across the country ain't much of a party.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 15, 2017, 04:56:40 AM
Great protest design

I always preferred albums, but I think that's going too far.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 12:03:04 AM
Are you saying that the white supremacists and Nazis who marched in Charlottesville are hard to tell apart from the counter protestors? Or are you speaking of another set of neo-Nazis/KKKers and social justice warriors?

No, I am saying that it is often hard to tell the online white supremacists from the online social justice warriors. Both advocate extreme "fuck those guys, they are pure evil and deserve the worst" positions.

There have been some masked left-wing violent protestors that may be hard to tell from the Neo-Nazis and their ilk, but I've never seen any good-quality images of those guys, so can't say for sure.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 02:06:02 AM
I don't think Communists are relevant in the US or Canada
they're very relevant in Canada.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on August 15, 2017, 08:05:16 AM

Can hardly move up here without tripping over a commissar or a gulag.  :(

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on August 15, 2017, 08:22:38 AM

;)

Indeed the Reds are in charge, but few Canadians realise, because it's hidden in plain sight:

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on August 15, 2017, 08:31:48 AM
Quote from: Malthus on August 15, 2017, 08:22:38 AM

;)

Indeed the Reds are in charge, but few Canadians realise, because it's hidden in plain sight:

We also train our kids to enjoy going to "summer camp". Vital preparation for the gulags. 

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2017, 01:55:41 AM
If we're limiting our moral equivalence discussion to America, I'll probably agree.  Though that's not the point I started out making.

And I will note in passing that Communists didn't historically broadcast all the people they wanted to kill before they got to power.

Look at some point in the past - and maybe in the future - I would be happy to engage in a "Nazis and Communists how equally bad are they (or not)" debate.

Right now I think it's a bit of a distraction given how the far right and Nazis are flourishing and encouraged by your current president. Once (crossing fingers) they're out of the limelight and your country is back on track, we can have those debates. But like I said - I don't think Communists are relevant in the US or Canada so the debate isn't really that interesting to me at this point.

And - and this is aimed at spicy - antifa types aren't Communists anyhow, they're usually anarchists of various stripes. And whatever other failings and shortcomings can be laid at the feet of anarchists, organized mass murder isn't one of them.

Antifa are far left. They're violent extremists. I don't care if they technically are communists or not.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on August 15, 2017, 07:20:08 AM
I always preferred albums, but I think that's going too far.

Spinal Tap's Smell the Glove it isn't.

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2017, 09:03:12 AM

Antifa are far left. They're violent extremists. I don't care if they technically are communists or not.

So anyone who violently opposed the Nazis in the 1930s would be an extremist in your book too?