News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

That isn't a media headline. It is his tweet.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Trump's scheduled a call with Spain's president this evening  :w00t:

I wonder if he will manage to piss/get pissed by Mariano Rajoy, who's probably the blandest and drabbest head of government  in the western hemisphere.

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on February 07, 2017, 09:12:46 AM
Trump's scheduled a call with Spain's president this evening  :w00t:

I wonder if he will manage to piss/get pissed by Mariano Rajoy, who's probably the blandest and drabbest head of government  in the western hemisphere.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

Tried to speak with Spaniard leader, could only get thru to caretaker. Organization down south clearly BAD!

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Maxine Waters said Trump will eventually need to be impeached.  She went on to say that Putin is advancing further into Korea.  You guys might be right about this "end of the world" shit :o
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Would China defend NK against the Russian?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

The Impeachment proceedings will come, eventually, and they will be hilarious.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 07, 2017, 09:58:13 AM

They should be held entirely via Twitter.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on February 07, 2017, 09:44:55 AM
Maxine Waters said Trump will eventually need to be impeached.  She went on to say that Putin is advancing further into Korea.  You guys might be right about this "end of the world" shit :o

I bet Waters is the most reported on Democratic politician on Breitbart.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: derspiess on February 07, 2017, 09:59:32 AM

They should be held entirely via Twitter.

The whining and crying from President Safe Space will be incredible
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

I think impeachment would be a bad process, it would give him time to bring the place down around his ears.

Since a successful impeachment requires significant republican congressional support, better to have that effort directed towards an internal party coup that replaces him with the VP, the cabinet et al ruling him unfit for office via whatever polite formula they can devise.

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on February 07, 2017, 10:16:46 AM
an internal party coup that replaces him with the VP, the cabinet et al ruling him unfit for office via whatever polite formula they can devise.

So, an impeachment

Oexmelin

I think mongers refers rather to the 25th Amendment.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Caliga

Since a successful impeachment requires significant republican congressional support, better to have that effort directed towards an internal party coup that replaces him with the VP, the cabinet et al ruling him unfit for office via whatever polite formula they can devise.
:mellow:

We don't have a parliamentary system like you do, Mongers.  I wish we did... but we don't.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/06/politics/kanye-west-deletes-donald-trump-tweets/

:lol:

QuoteKanye West deletes all tweets defending Trump meeting

Washington (CNN)Kanye West deleted all of his tweets defending his meeting with President Donald Trump sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning.

West, who met with Trump at Trump Tower in December, explained his meeting with the then-President-elect in the series of now-deleted tweets amid intense backlash from fans and friends like John Legend.

"I wanted to meet with Trump today to discuss multicultural issues," West tweeted on December 13.

"I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change," he continued in a third tweet.

As criticism mounted, West appeared unfazed a day later when he tweeted a picture a signed copy of TIME Magazine's "Person of the Year" issue with Trump on the cover.

"To Kanye You are a great friend Thanks," the front cover reads, followed by Trump's signature.

This tweet has also been deleted.

West's representatives did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

Last week, Long Island rapper King Myers, a new signee to West's G.O.O.D. music label, released "Propaganda," -- an anti-Trump anthem produced by West that calls for the impeachment of the new President and voices solidarity with refugees, immigrants and Muslims.

Previously, a source with knowledge of West's meeting with Trump told CNN that the rapper's main concern is the state of his hometown, Chicago.

"Finding ways to effect change for that particular issue has been heavy on Kanye's mind for years and he has been talking about it more often most recently with family and friends," the source said. "His hope is that he will be able to keep this issue fresh on the mind of the Trump administration and they will make making Chicago safe again a priority."

West, who was hospitalized in November due to exhaustion, shocked fans in California when he abruptly ended a concert with a rant in which he proclaimed that if he had voted, he would have voted for Trump.

"I told y'all I didn't vote, right?" Kanye said. "But if I would've voted, I would've voted for Trump."

His surprising support for Trump was met with anger and confusion in the hip-hop community as activists and artists gear up for a political battle against the Trump administration amid fears that Trump could threaten civil rights of minority groups.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on February 07, 2017, 10:20:11 AM
an internal party coup that replaces him with the VP, the cabinet et al ruling him unfit for office via whatever polite formula they can devise.

So, an impeachment

No rather than the spectacle that was the Clinton impeachment show, we have swift internal coup that forces Trump to step down on say medical grounds, done and dusted in a morning. 

Now whatever dirt they use on him to force him to co-operate, doesn't matter just so long as it has the desired effect, they could probably get his odd personal doctor to sign a long term sick note also.