News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 06, 2017, 08:49:49 PM
Give them time. It will be an automated circular call.

ITS YOUR PHONE CALL NOT OURS

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 06, 2017, 08:27:51 PM
Dear Mr Yi,

Please accept this computer-generated letter quoting in extenso things you already know, and absolving me of any political responsibility. Wouldn't want that from an elected official.

Sincerely,

Generic Republican.

I knew how things work going in, being the old savvy Washington hand that I am.  Some junior flunky records it as one entry in the appropriate column of a spreadsheet and picks out the most appropriate pre-generated response.  I wasn't hoping to start up a lively back and forth email exchange with old Chuck.  I wanted to get entered in that spreadsheet.

Oexmelin

Let me call upon your savvy: what would happen if you called him and his junior computerized flunky on it?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 06, 2017, 09:17:32 PM
Let me call upon your savvy: what would happen if you called him and his junior computerized flunky on it?

What do you mean by "call him on it?"  Telephone his office?

LaCroix

the person receiving the message thinks, "what a fucking asshole," and that's the end of that

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2017, 09:18:42 PM
What do you mean by "call him on it?"  Telephone his office?

I mean saying that you are disappointed that he basically admits he can do nothing, and has no influence outside of the boundaries of his office. Would that disrupt the script?

Oexmelin

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 06, 2017, 09:26:21 PM
I mean saying that you are disappointed that he basically admits he can do nothing, and has no influence outside of the boundaries of his office. Would that disrupt the script?

I assume that would change the operation from "record call, send out form letter," to "deal with psycho."

Ed Anger

I call Sherrod Browns's office and breathe heavily.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Oexmelin

DGuller

Is there an consulting organization of some kind that prepares canned letters and sells them to every senator?  Or is the same work being duplicated 100 times?

PDH

When I was an undergrad I was an intern at the Archives for UWyo.  I got to play around with former Senator Gale Mcgee (who looked fabulous in a leisure suit).  They had a box called the "nut box" filled with all the weird detritus that whackos sent in.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

LaCroix

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 06, 2017, 09:26:54 PM
Why do you hate freedom, Lacroix? :(

I've been on the other line having to receive those types of calls