News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: DGuller on February 06, 2017, 09:31:44 PM
Is there an consulting organization of some kind that prepares canned letters and sells them to every senator?  Or is the same work being duplicated 100 times?

staff and interns. it's not hard work

sbr

If anyone has any interest:

QuoteAct One
‏@ActOneToday

Text your zip code to 520-200-2223 to get a text right back with your Congressional reps contact info.

PDH

My representative is all for impeachment, thank you very much.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2017, 07:24:33 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/06/president-trump-is-now-speculating-that-the-media-is-covering-up-terrorist-attacks/?tid=pm_politics_pop

QuotePresident Trump is now speculating that the media is covering up terrorist attacks
The Washington Post
By Philip Bump February 6 at 2:55 PM

"You've seen what happened in Paris, and Nice. All over Europe, it's happening," he said to the assembled military leaders. "It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that."

He's such a fucking nutball.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Until impeachment comes into play, there's no actual, concrete response they could have sent me.  Both:

1) Fuck you!! Donald is da BOMB!

and

2) I'm ready to deep six him, just need a couple more votes.  p.s. keep this between us.

are incredibly dumbass things to say.

katmai

Quote from: PDH on February 06, 2017, 09:37:36 PM
My representative is all for impeachment, thank you very much.
Pretty sure mine isn't :lol: :cry:

11B4V

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 06, 2017, 09:26:54 PM
Why do you hate freedom, Lacroix? :(

Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like LaCroix, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?
Doc Holliday: A man like LaCroix has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never pander enough, or spin enough, or inflict enough alternative facts to ever fill it.
Wyatt Earp: What does he need?
Doc Holliday: Validation
Wyatt Earp: For what?
Doc Holliday: Bein' a republican
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2017, 09:38:30 PM
He's such a fucking nutball.

I sent a text over to my buddy at <insert intelligence agency here>, and asked WTF are those goofballs doing making inquiries through channels about Polish incursions into Byelorus, the fuck is up with that.

All he said was that he already started his second career as a functional alcoholic.

LaCroix

Quote from: sbr on February 06, 2017, 09:36:33 PM
If anyone has any interest:

QuoteAct One
‏@ActOneToday

Text your zip code to 520-200-2223 to get a text right back with your Congressional reps contact info.

huh, I wonder if "act one" is related to "act one lists"

http://www.actonelists.com/faq.html
QuoteWith compiled files, how is the information gathered?
Business-to-Consumer Compilation Methodology:
The very most recent government records, licensing boards, mail and internet buyer information, membership rosters, attendee registers, 4,500 telephone directories, county courthouse records, magazine and newspapers, subscriptions, surveys, questionnaires, financial sources, census and voter registration records.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on February 06, 2017, 07:58:08 PM
you can't say speaker doesn't deserve it. he went too far with his public(!) comments. trump is only getting even

The supposed speaker of the UK Congress does not exist.  Trump's off his meds again.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on February 06, 2017, 09:44:59 PM
you can't say speaker doesn't deserve it. he went too far with his public(!) comments. trump is only getting even

The supposed speaker of the UK Congress does not exist.  Trump's off his meds again.
Has there ever been evidence he was on them?

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2017, 09:38:40 PM
Until impeachment comes into play, there's no actual, concrete response they could have sent me.

Something tells me there could have been other answers - like registering your concerns in a way that did not admit it's out of his hands. Or, indeed, take a stance and say that he believes impeachment is not the answer to what he has seen of Trump.
Que le grand cric me croque !

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2017, 09:45:49 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 06, 2017, 09:44:59 PM

Has there ever been evidence he was on them?

Well, he referred to the President of Mexico, and that's a real person.  The UK doesn't have a congress, nor would said congress have a supposed speaker even if it did exist, so Trump's delusions are double-deep with this one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 06, 2017, 09:47:19 PM
Something tells me there could have been other answers - like registering your concerns in a way that did not admit it's out of his hands. Or, indeed, take a stance and say that he believes impeachment is not the answer to what he has seen of Trump.

Right, and trust that I would keep it under wraps?  If and when he's ready to take a public position, he'll do so.

sbr

This thread moves too fast and I have to ignore every other post but has anyone posted this yet?  I don't remember seeing it.

There are some embedded Tweets in the original article I didn't copy/paste over.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-steve-bannon-nsc-national-security-council-order-a7565191.html

QuoteDonald Trump 'didn't realise he was promoting Steve Bannon to National Security Council when he signed order'

Amid signs that Donald Trump began his presidency with the same chaotic operation that marked his campaign, a report has claimed he was not even aware he was elevating Steve Bannon to a senior security post when he signed one of several executive orders.

Since Mr Trump's inauguration on January 20, reports have emerged of a White House West Wing marked by confusion and unpreparedness - alongside intense turf battles being fought by his top officials.

One of the results of this has been a number of leaks from the White House, about the various maneuverings of such top officials, and their varying ascendance and descent.

A report in in the New York Times, which paints a picture of chief-of-staff Reince Priebus trying to assert greater control, says he has set in place a set of checks and processes before new policies and Executive Orders are issued. This was done following the backlash over the haphazard and chaotic rollout of the order halting the refugee programme and suspending travel for people from seven Middle Eastern and North African countries.

It said Mr Trump would be looped in on the drafting of orders much earlier in the process. Remarkably, the report says, Mr Trump was not fully briefed on details of the order he signed giving his chief strategist, Mr Bannon, a seat on the National Security Council.

Mr Bannon, the former editor of Breitbart News, is a white nationalist who has pushed Mr Trump to take up such issues - both during the presidential campaign and since entering the White House.

Mr Bannon has no experience in government or in foreign policy.

As a result, many were startled when Mr Bannon was elevated to the National Security Council's principals committee, the top interagency group for discussing national security.

The order, issued last month, also appeared to demote the director of National Intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in regard to their position on the NSC.

The order said that the two officials will attend the principals committee meetings only when "issues pertaining to their responsibilities and expertise are to be discussed".