Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 28, 2017, 02:38:41 PM
France should order a recall on the Statue of Liberty.

If the Statue of Liberty is going to be passed on, France certainly doesn't deserve to be the recipient.  Germany would be my first choice, then Lebanon or Jordan.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 28, 2017, 05:00:31 PM
Who gives a shit, he's obviously not welcome here anymore.  Needs to stay where he is, where it's safe because dune coons get curbstomped at the airport now.

QuoteThe suspect, Robin A. Rhodes, faces up to four years in prison if he is convicted
Irony isn't just the opposite of wrinkly.

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

Bannon gets his Muslim ban. Bannon gets put on National Security Council. Bannon is boss.  :Embarrass:

No puppet! No puppet!!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

LaCroix

:lol:

the greatest threat to the security of our nation is the media and its dishonest journalism

FunkMonk

Media is the opposition party and must be extirpated.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 28, 2017, 06:42:55 PM
:lol:

the greatest threat to the security of our nation is the media and its dishonest journalism

I agree.  We've gotta get rid of that guy.

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

So who was it here that was saying Trump wouldn't follow through on his campaign promises and his dumbass supporters would be disappointed?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on January 28, 2017, 07:57:00 PM
So who was it here that was saying Trump wouldn't follow through on his campaign promises and his dumbass supporters would be disappointed?

He hasn't though.

He promised that Mexico would pay for the wall, and they are not.

He promised to throw Hillary in jail, not happening.

He promised to ban ALL Muslims, not just ones from countries that he doesn't happen to be doing business with.

Etc., etc., etc.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

ALTERNATIVE FACTS CREW in 3......2.......1.........
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

Quote from: Berkut on January 28, 2017, 07:59:14 PMHe hasn't though.

He promised to ban ALL Muslims, not just ones from countries that he doesn't happen to be doing business with.

Etc., etc., etc.

I think he's done pretty well at fulfilling his campaign promises, even if he hasn't done exactly everything he said would he do. I doubt the vast majority of his supporters care too much about any of the things in your post

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on January 28, 2017, 07:59:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 28, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

He hasn't though.

Etc., etc., etc.

You're nitpicking.  And even if his executive actions get struck down, overturned, etc. he is still following through.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

I have to give it up to Donald. He's doing almost exactly what he said he would do, and when it all gets struck down by the courts or shouted down by the media he'll blame the media and the establishment again and laugh his way into reelection because the Republican base eats that shit up. It's the Bannon/Breitbart playbook. Maximum chaos.