News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38505398

QuotePresident-elect Donald Trump has backed Wikileaks founder Julian Assange in casting doubt on intelligence alleging Russian meddling in the US election.
Mr Assange said Russia was not the source for the site's mass leak of emails from the Democratic Party.
Mr Trump has now backed that view in a tweet. He wrote: "Assange... said Russians did not give him the info!"

Team Russia is really getting together in a nice group hug. I am expecting Trump praising Snowden any day now.

Valmy

It is kind of weird to see conservatives rally around guys like Assange.

But I am not exactly clear on what exactly the CIA and FBI say the Russians did, it may not be about wikileaks at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Whatever the source, WikiLeaks was pretty clearly the conduit for the distribution of the hacked material.
Assange's exact statement is rather weaselly: "Our source is not a state party, so the answer for our interactions is no"
I.e. what is saying is the handoff to him was from a private person, but he is not saying whether or not that person got it from Russian state actors.  He isn't even denying knowledge that Russia is the ultimate source.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

LaCroix

I thought the theory was always that a private actor did the hacking, and this private actor probably maybe likely was somehow affiliated with the russian government in some form

FunkMonk

Trump will make Assange Secretary of Truth. New cabinet position.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Quote from: LaCroix on January 04, 2017, 01:46:11 PM
I thought the theory was always that a private actor did the hacking, and this private actor probably maybe likely was somehow affiliated with the russian government in some form

It's really quite simple:

https://youtu.be/7gp9QE3prHs

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2017, 12:50:10 PM
It is kind of weird to see conservatives rally around guys like Assange.

But I am not exactly clear on what exactly the CIA and FBI say the Russians did, it may not be about wikileaks at all.

John Podesta getting phished for his gmail password is "Russia hacking the election". Black voters in the rustbelt states were so incensed by subsequent revelations therein that their turnout suffered compared to Obama and the rest is history.  :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

He's mocking the use of the word "hacking" and the implicit claim that said "hacking" significantly impacted the outcome.

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on January 04, 2017, 03:03:00 PM
John Podesta getting phished for his gmail password is "Russia hacking the election". Black voters in the rustbelt states were so incensed by subsequent revelations therein that their turnout suffered compared to Obama and the rest is history.  :hmm:

The difference in tone and substance between your posts on facebook and your posts here is pretty noticeable.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 04, 2017, 01:46:11 PM

The organization that hacked both the DNC and Podesta is the same group that hacked all kinds of actors the Russians wanted hacked.  the chances that it was anyone but the Russians is minuscule, according to a trump supporter on NPR this morning who says that he is now convinced by the evidence that trump is wrong on this.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!