News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Welcome to North Carolina.  Now Nation Wide!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Can't really blame Republicans for realizing that their voters will never hold them accountable.

Syt

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/816260343391514624

QuoteGeneral Motors is sending Mexican made model of Chevy Cruze to U.S. car dealers-tax free across border. Make in U.S.A.or pay big border tax!

Regardless of free trade agreements, how high would the border tax need to be to make production in the U.S. competitive again? And will consumers be ok with buying the products for a higher price?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on January 01, 2017, 08:08:33 AM
I bet that Wednesday will come and go and he won't even remember that he said this. :P

The reveal on this is still on.  It's scheduled to be double-tracked with the reveal on his plan to avoid conflict of interest.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

citizen k

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 02, 2017, 11:01:14 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/816128228091904001/video/1

Yeah, I can't figure out how to snatch the animated gif on my iPad. sue me.

The blocker would have been more accurate if he was Julian Assange or John Podesta with a chef's hat.  ;)

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on January 02, 2017, 11:30:53 PM
With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Hobble Independent Ethics Office

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/02/us/politics/with-no-warning-house-republicans-vote-to-hobble-independent-ethics-office.html

Sounds like the Republicans chickened out after the internet freaked out. Hail to the mob.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

It will get stealthily weaseled through Congress at a later date, I have no doubt.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2017, 12:51:56 PM
It will get stealthily weaseled through Congress at a later date, I have no doubt.

It is nice to know knowledge on how our government works is so easily grasped by foreigners.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on January 03, 2017, 01:00:25 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2017, 12:51:56 PM

It is nice to know knowledge on how our government works is so easily grasped by foreigners.

In Hungary what have worked well is to create a massive bill filled with meaningless stuff, and as one of the sub-points enact a decisive change in how the country works.
For maximum effect, it needs to be filed overnight and pushed through the system with record speed, but still.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 03, 2017, 01:03:34 PM
In Hungary what have worked well is to create a massive bill filled with meaningless stuff, and as one of the sub-points enact a decisive change in how the country works.
For maximum effect, it needs to be filed overnight and pushed through the system with record speed, but still.

Huh. At least we usually just do that for pork projects.

derspiess

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/business/ford-general-motors-trump.html?_r=0

QuoteFord, Criticized by Trump, Cancels Plans to Build Mexican Plant

Ford Motor said on Tuesday that it was canceling plans to build a $1.6 billion plant in Mexico and would instead invest $700 million to increase production in Michigan.

#trumpeffect
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

They help America and save $900 million.