News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Trump's interview with Conan from 2006:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQlRudkD0bE

He has always been like this.  :lol:

DGuller

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on November 17, 2016, 05:03:05 PM
Well that's interesting. Not much international experience beyond evangelizing, but so much better than the other names floated.
At least he's someone whose name wasn't on the list with the GRU letterhead on it.

Martinus

Zanza

How much influence does the AG have on LGBT rights? Sessions seems to have a very poor track record there and it would be sad to see the US backtrack on those.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on November 18, 2016, 01:37:40 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2016, 01:34:20 PM
Sessions for AG :)

Don't know much about the guy - what about him makes you smile?

He's racist.  Derspeiss is going full Marty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

I think most alt-right trolling is not pure trolling, it's a "trial balloon" kind of trolling (maybe there is already a better word for it).  When you "troll" like that, you really say what you believe, but exaggerate it by a small degree so that if you catch any grief, you were obviously just trying to get a rise out of people for shits and giggles.  But don't be fooled, these "trolls" are genuine excrement.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on November 18, 2016, 06:30:44 PM
How much influence does the AG have on LGBT rights? Sessions seems to have a very poor track record there and it would be sad to see the US backtrack on those.

Not a bunch.  Gay marriage is protected by SC ruling.  Trans bathrooms is a Dept. of Education thing.  And as Joan pointed out, LGBTXYZ don't have workplace protections.  Gays in the military is I *think* a presidential directive (anyone confirm this?).

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2016, 07:12:43 PM
Gays in the military is I *think* a presidential directive (anyone confirm this?).

I thought that was a law. Didn't Sessions catch grief for voting against it?

The ladies in combat thing was a directive I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 18, 2016, 03:30:05 PM
Someone previously said that Trump would do nothing and take credit for it.
It seems it has already started:
Donald Trump Takes Credit for Helping to Save a Ford Plant That Wasn't Closing

QuoteWASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump claimed credit on Thursday night for persuading Ford to keep an automaking plant in Kentucky rather than moving it to Mexico. The only wrinkle: Ford was not actually planning to move the plant.

To be fair all politicians do this shit. Obama takes credit for the economy but he has not really been empowered to do much about it since 2011.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on November 18, 2016, 05:37:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 18, 2016, 05:25:13 PM
According to the Daily Mail, Mike Huckabee is to be the US AMbassador to Israel, will be charged with moving the embassy to Jerusalem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3950596/Trump-set-make-Mike-Huckabee-ambassador-Israel-U-S-embassy-Jerusalem-transition-official-says-Governor-Huckabee-going-through.html

It's a win-win, whether he succeeds or gets blown up. :P

Speaking of blowing up...he appears to have been hanging out with Christie in recent years.

11B4V

Somebody ought to thread merge all the Trump/Pres election threads.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".