What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 26, 2019, 08:33:11 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 26, 2019, 08:29:53 PM
He just tweeted that: "Something very big has just happened!"
:huh:
Social media does present a risk of over-sharing.

:D

Hamilcar

Speculation is that the U.S. got Baghdadi.  :ph34r:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 26, 2019, 08:20:41 PM
So I assume John Kelly's said something because, from my Twitter feed it appears the Press Secretary has said: "'I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great president."

:mellow:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/26/us/politics/trump-john-kelly-impeachment.html
Kelly Says He Told Trump a 'Yes Man' as His Successor Would Lead to Impeachment

The Brain

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 26, 2019, 08:37:25 PM
Speculation is that the U.S. got Baghdadi.  :ph34r:

"Got" like understood where he's coming from?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on October 26, 2019, 08:32:07 PM
So I assume John Kelly's said something because, from my Twitter feed it appears the Press Secretary has said: "'I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great president."

It's really weird to live in a world where the US has fallen so low. They were the benchmark for so many things when I was growing up.

And yet you despised them even before Trump....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

So Trump White House have this picture of him supposedly watching the killing of Baghdadi:

It's been pointed out that at the time of the operation (3:30 pm Eastern) he was headed to the golf club. And that the metadata for the photo says it was taken at 5:05 pm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Quote from: Berkut on October 27, 2019, 10:44:54 AM

It's really weird to live in a world where the US has fallen so low. They were the benchmark for so many things when I was growing up.

Non sequitur and not really? I despised the Iraq war.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2019, 01:00:30 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 27, 2019, 10:44:54 AM

Non sequitur and not really? I despised the Iraq war.

No, you've made it quite clear your contempt for Americans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

I'm just shooting the shit. I like 99% of yank posters here.

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/27/donald-trump-booed-world-series-lock-him-up-chants-baseball

QuoteDonald Trump once claimed he was courted by several major league baseball clubs in his youth but turned them down because they couldn't offer him enough money. On Sunday, baseball got its revenge.

The President attended Game 5 of the World Series between the Washington Nationals and Houston Astros at Nationals Park, a short journey from the White House. When Trump was shown on the video screens in the stadium he was loudly booed by fans. That, perhaps, was predictable: Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon and both Bushes were all booed while attending baseball games as President. What came shortly afterwards was a little more personal in a city that is heavily Democratic as cries of "Lock him up!" rang out, a reference to the chants about Hillary Clinton used at Trump's rallies in the run-up to the 2016 presidential elections.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

If it were anybody but Trump I would have been outraged, but he played a big role in getting that kind of boorishness part of a our national political culture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Meh. I don't mind it in a neutral venue if it's a crowd showing their views. I think the issue is politicians doing it and encouraging their crowds.

But then I've always enjoyed George Osborne getting booed at the Paralympics. At least he had the sense to look like he enjoyed it, as any Tory Chancellor worth their salt should:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqM0Ube0oLs

Edit: Or when Blair got slow-clapped and heckled by the Women's Institute. Which I think in the US would be like getting booed by a convention of Good Housekeeping subscribers :lol:

Apparently he got too political for the WI.
Let's bomb Russia!

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2019, 12:16:06 PM
So Trump White House have this picture of him supposedly watching the killing of Baghdadi:

It's been pointed out that at the time of the operation (3:30 pm Eastern) he was headed to the golf club. And that the metadata for the photo says it was taken at 5:05 pm.

Yikes! Terrible cable management. I guess the CiC is not a fan of 5S.

jimmy olsen

Green four star general still looks suicidally depressed there, though marginally less so I suppose when compared to the Pelosi scolding photo.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point