What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 18, 2019, 08:12:47 AM
On Sunday, just before his huge twitter fit on impeachment Trump retweeted another tweet reporting an verbal attack by Kim Jung-Un against Joe Biden.  Trump's tweet addressed the dictator as "Mr. Chairman".

Okay, I'm done.  I'm taking my crazy pills and going back to sleep.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaYWo3ZyJts

Navy order SEAL pardoned by Donald to appear before review board which could kick him out of  the service.  THE DEEP STATE

Syt

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-anonymous-white-house-insider-memory-1472661

QuoteTRUMP REGULARLY 'CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT HE'S SAID OR BEEN TOLD,' WHITE HOUSE INSIDER SAYS

President Donald Trump regularly struggles to "remember what he's said or been told," an anonymous senior government official behind a new exposé on the inner workings of the White House has claimed.

Much of the nearly 260 pages of the anonymous official's tome, A Warning, which hit bookshelves on Tuesday, has been dedicated to sounding the alarm about Trump's alarming behavior. :hmm:

While the anonymous author, who is described only as a "senior official in the Trump administration" admits they are not "qualified to diagnose the president's mental acuity," they can say that "normal people who spend any time with Donald Trump are uncomfortable by what they witness."

"He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity,"
the official warns.

Often, they say, "the president also can't remember what he's said or been told."

"Americans are used to him denying words that have come out of his mouth," the senior official writes. "Sometimes this is to avoid responsibility."

However, they say it often "appears Trump genuinely doesn't remember important facts.
"

One clear example of that, the official recalls, is when the president claimed he was not sure if he had "ever even heard of a Category 5" hurricane, despite having been briefed on at least four other Category 5 hurricanes during his time in office.

"Was he forgetting these briefings?" the author questions. "Or more problematic, was he not paying attention at all? These are events that affect millions of Americans, yet they don't seem to stick in his brain."

The official writes that while Trump has often claimed to be highly intelligent, they say they have "seen the president fall flat on his face when trying to speak intelligently" on a number of topics on which he claims to be an expert.

"You can see why behind closed doors his own top officials deride him as an 'idiot' and a 'moron' with the understanding of a 'fifth or sixth grader
,'" the unnamed senior official says.

In addition to questioning Trump's ability to recall basic terms that he has said or heard, the anonymous author also accuses the president of an "astounding" level of "intellectual laziness."

Asserting that Trump barely reads and has required that briefings be shorter and include fewer words and more pictures, the senior official says they are "bewildered how anyone could have run a private company on the empty mental tank President Trump relies upon every day to run the government."

"On television, a CEO-turned-showman can sit around a desk and bark orders at subordinates and then go to commercial," they write. "In real life, a successful CEO has to absorb a lot of information, about the economic climate, about his or her competitors, about product and consumer trends."

"How can you manage a sprawling organization if you won't read anything?" the author questions. "Not very well, it turns out.

While the anonymous official says some Trump defenders might be tempted to write their warnings off "as the musings of Never-Trumpers," they say, "that is not the case."

Anyone who has spent time with Trump and "would claim otherwise" of their account, the official says, is "lying to themselves or to the country."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Trump's intense stupidity must have been known to everyone in NYC real estate at least since the 80s, and surely cannot have been very secret since (even if it wasn't communicated to the general public).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on November 21, 2019, 07:24:35 AM
Trump's intense stupidity must have been known to everyone in NYC real estate at least since the 80s, and surely cannot have been very secret since (even if it wasn't communicated to the general public).

And NYC, bar Staten Island, roundly rejected him at the ballot box.

https://abc7ny.com/politics/how-each-nyc-borough-voted-(hint-clinton-didnt-win-them-all)/1598306/

QuoteThe overall results for the five boroughs overwhelmingly picked Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton with 79 percent of the vote

But the results, while consistent among four boroughs, nearly flip-flopped between Clinton and Republican nominee (and now president-elect) Donald Trump on Staten Island. There, Trump secured the majority with 57 percent of the vote and Clinton getting 40 percent. In Queens, the borough where Trump grew up, 20 percent of voters showed their support for the businessman.

The Bronx showed the most support for Clinton, with 88 percent of voters casting their ballot in favor of the female candidate. Manhattan was second with 86 percent of votes being cast for Clinton.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

In another installment of proof that Trump can't be a real Russian agent, because a real Russian agent would be far less obvious in demolishing US national security interests, it's being reported that Trump is pressuring the Pentagon to withdraw troops for South Korea:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-southkorea-usa-military/trump-considering-withdrawing-up-to-4000-us-troops-from-south-korea-report-idUSKBN1XU2V4

Perhaps his really good bubby Mr. Chairman Kim told him this would be a good idea.  Right after they had a touching heart-to-heart phone call to talk about what a big old meanie that Joe Biden is.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

Didn't he ask for a huge financial contribution?

A bit like how the US sent troops to Saudi because they'd pay a lot for it :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2019, 11:24:32 AM
Didn't he ask for a huge financial contribution?

A bit like how the US sent troops to Saudi because they'd pay a lot for it :bleeding:

Yeah, I heard he was doing a shake down of South Korea.  Something like increasing the housing costs by 500%.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 21, 2019, 11:13:59 AM
Perhaps his really good bubby Mr. Chairman Kim told him this would be a good idea.  Right after they had a touching heart-to-heart phone call to talk about what a big old meanie that Joe Biden is.

I think that is in fact exactly what happened.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2019, 09:42:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaYWo3ZyJts

Navy order SEAL pardoned by Donald to appear before review board which could kick him out of  the service.  THE DEEP STATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZy1FdvYRv4

Teh Deep State fired.

DGuller

If nothing else, Trump needs to be impeached just to avoid him running wild for 2.5 months after the election (obviously assuming he loses, which is far from given).  If this is how much damage he's willing to deal now to every institution that makes the US strong, then imagine the rampage when he has nothing to lose.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on November 25, 2019, 12:50:16 AM
If nothing else, Trump needs to be impeached just to avoid him running wild for 2.5 months after the election (obviously assuming he loses, which is far from given).  If this is how much damage he's willing to deal now to every institution that makes the US strong, then imagine the rampage when he has nothing to lose.

A more realistic worry is how to prevent him from running for a third term.

Valmy

Well that would require a Constitutional amendment....that and he is a really old guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

No way Trump doesn't stroke out during his 2nd term with all the pseudophedrine he's doing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Will add interfering with the military's internal procedures, to meddling with the FBI and politicising the Fed to my list of things where, in 2016, I thought Republicans might draw a line.
Let's bomb Russia!