What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

I've changed my mind on impeachment.  I think the House should start hearings.  I understand Pelosi's rationale but I now suspect the strategic conclusion is wrong. It may be unpopular with swing voters but net it will probably hurt Trump more.  His obsessive and crazed reaction to the Mueller testimony clinched it.  The process will bog him down, keep him in ultra-crazy mode and keep him on the battlefield of the Democrats choosing.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

As rational self-interested  citizens do we want him crazed?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Man lost 26 pounds in 23 days in one of Trump's camps. Not one shower.

In conditions like these, makes me wonder how many deaths they're covering up?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/24/no-shower-23-days-us-citizen-held-deportation-shares-like-immigrant
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Threviel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 25, 2019, 07:49:46 PM
What did you do this time, Brain?

Some american rapper called Asap Rocky got into a fight and was arrested. Apparently this was a big thing and Trump feels that the guy is innocent and should be released. So he called our PM to fix that and got the response "bork bork rule of law bork bork" and Trump got mad.

In all fairness it seems like Asap probably acted somewhat correct to a known criminal stalking and threatening him, but there was violence involved and I won't really bother to take the time to find out what happened.

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on July 26, 2019, 05:17:39 AM

Some american rapper called Asap Rocky got into a fight and was arrested. Apparently this was a big thing and Trump feels that the guy is innocent and should be released. So he called our PM to fix that and got the response "bork bork rule of law bork bork" and Trump got mad.

In all fairness it seems like Asap probably acted somewhat correct to a known criminal stalking and threatening him, but there was violence involved and I won't really bother to take the time to find out what happened.

Only reason Trump gave a damn was to score a "see I care about them negroes" moment.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 25, 2019, 11:25:07 PM
I've changed my mind on impeachment.  I think the House should start hearings.  I understand Pelosi's rationale but I now suspect the strategic conclusion is wrong. It may be unpopular with swing voters but net it will probably hurt Trump more.  His obsessive and crazed reaction to the Mueller testimony clinched it.  The process will bog him down, keep him in ultra-crazy mode and keep him on the battlefield of the Democrats choosing.

All the attention would move away from the Democratic primary candidates as they're struggling to get noticed. And then the Senate would shoot it down. Would be yet another opportunity for the Dems to play Sheriff Buford T. Justice to Trump's Bo.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Minsky Moment

Whatever. One of the primary candidates will win and be the nominee. They will get noticed then if they haven't already done so. Whoever it is the election will be about Trump because whenever Trump is involved it's always about him. 

Clinton didn't lose because she wasn't sufficiently noticed, quite to the contrary.  It was a battle of evils election and enough people were willing to roll the Trump dice to help bring him over, with a strong boost from our antiquated 18th century electoral system.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 26, 2019, 08:30:38 AM
Whatever. One of the primary candidates will win and be the nominee. They will get noticed then if they haven't already done so. Whoever it is the election will be about Trump because whenever Trump is involved it's always about him. 

Clinton didn't lose because she wasn't sufficiently noticed, quite to the contrary.  It was a battle of evils election and enough people were willing to roll the Trump dice to help bring him over, with a strong boost from our antiquated 18th century electoral system.
And ultra-modern 21st century Russian electoral system.

Legbiter

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 26, 2019, 08:30:38 AMClinton didn't lose because she wasn't sufficiently noticed, quite to the contrary.  It was a battle of evils election and enough people were willing to roll the Trump dice to help bring him over, with a strong boost from our antiquated 18th century electoral system.

Yes, Trump is in some ways uniquely vulnerable for a sitting president with a good economy. A canny Biden or a Harris campaign just needs to re-flip a thin slice of voters in the Rust Belt. Because of the Taint I don't think that will happen.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Threviel on July 26, 2019, 05:17:39 AM

He was rather restrained at first. Gave the dude plenty of warnings to back off, kept trying to walk away, etc despite that guy getting up in his face.

But once the fight started he went to far and kept pounding on the guy once he was down.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 26, 2019, 05:43:31 PMHe was rather restrained at first. Gave the dude plenty of warnings to back off, kept trying to walk away, etc despite that guy getting up in his face.

But once the fight started he went to far and kept pounding on the guy once he was down.

"Hand over A$AP Sweden and no one has to get hurt"