Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

I dare you to put that in your email sig :lol:

11B4V

Fucking Moron

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/betsy-devos-discrimination/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories%29

DeVos: Discrimination on basis of sexual orientation 'unsettled' law

(CNN)Education Secretary Betsy DeVos indicated discrimination in schools on the basis of sexual orientation is "unsettled" law and a matter for Congress and the courts to address -- not her department.

After declining last month to say how she would handle allegations of private school discrimination under a federally-funded school voucher program, DeVos was pressed Tuesday on the topic by Democrats at a Senate hearing. President Donald Trump's budget proposal sets aside funds to create a school choice program, but provides few details about how it would be run.
The education secretary repeatedly said that any school "receiving federal funding is required to follow federal law," but said federal law is unclear on protections for LGBTQ students.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Is she wrong about that? I honestly do not know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2017, 07:35:50 PM
Is she wrong about that? I honestly do not know.

AFAIK, she's technically correct--Federal law on the subject is unclear.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2017, 11:46:59 AM
Wait 40,000 of the 50,000 coal jobs come in oil?  :huh:

Most of the rest come from writing op-eds about coal
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Speaking from experience, don't Oil jobs tend to be rather shorter term than being a coal miner.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Lol, that's actually a pretty good line

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-undercuts-his-aides-by-contradicting-their-statements/2017/06/06/1ae3155a-4ad2-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html?utm_term=.41cfa9c3a347
Quote"I don't believe Trump colluded with the Russians, because I don't believe he colludes with his own staff," Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) quipped,
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2017, 01:44:04 AM
Lol, that's actually a pretty good line

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-undercuts-his-aides-by-contradicting-their-statements/2017/06/06/1ae3155a-4ad2-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html?utm_term=.41cfa9c3a347
Quote"I don't believe Trump colluded with the Russians, because I don't believe he colludes with his own staff," Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) quipped,
:lol:

It is funny because it is true. 

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Fun!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertsamaha/kids-are-quoting-trump-to-bully-their-classmates?utm_term=.irKj2JrvZ#.qgmNK8R93

QuoteKids Are Quoting Trump To Bully Their Classmates And Teachers Don't Know What To Do About It
BuzzFeed News reviewed more than 50 reports of school bullying since the election and found that kids nationwide are using Trump's words to taunt their classmates. If the president can say those things, why can't they?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

50 schools in all of America? You're doomed!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2017, 03:11:59 AM
50 schools in all of America? You're doomed!

What an odd response. I don't think I posted with Tim like alarm but do feel this isn't a positive development.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

More a response to the article than you.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.