What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

If HVC bothers you too much, just call him an eggplant and he'll knock it off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

HVC

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 07, 2017, 04:28:32 AM
If HVC bothers you too much, just call him an eggplant and he'll knock it off.

Only works for Ed :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/336639-sessions-floated-resign-amid-rift-with-trump-report

QuoteSessions offered to resign amid rift with Trump: report

Attorney General Jeff Sessions offered to resign from his post amid rising tensions with President Trump, according to multiple reports.

The rift stems from Sessions's decision in March to recuse himself from the probe of possible ties between Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia, a decision Trump was unaware of until minutes before it occurred.

Sources told The New York Times Tuesday that Sessions offered to resign because he 'needed the freedom to do his job,' but Trump didn't take him up on the offer.

The rift stems from Sessions's decision in March to recuse himself from the probe of possible ties between Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia, a decision Trump was unaware of until minutes before it occurred.

Multiple sources told ABC that Sessions's recusal remains one of the biggest disappointments to Trump during his presidency so far.

The New York Times reported Monday that Trump believes it led to the appointment of former FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel on the Russia probes.

Trump has reportedly lashed out at Sessions in recent meetings, and on Monday fired off multiple tweets critical of the Justice Department.

A Justice spokeswoman declined to comment to ABC on whether Sessions had offered or threatened to resign.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer earlier Tuesday refused to say if Trump has full confidence in Sessions.

"I have not had discussions with him about that," Spicer said during his daily press briefing. "If I have not had a discussion with him, I tend not to comment on it."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Sessions cannot get along with Yankees.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2017, 09:00:18 AM
I wonder how Derspiess feels right now.  I wonder if that'd be the least straw, Sessions being forced out, that pushes him right into the arms of the anti-trump crowd, manifesting side by side with CdM, shoulder to shoulder, defending themselves against the hordes of Trumpistas trying to overthrow the established order.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Spicey has been hoping for Pence to replace him ASAP all along I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2017, 09:13:30 AM

Pence was chairman of the transition team; if this goes as deep as it appears to keep going, he'll get wrapped up in it all, too.

Part of what makes this whole thing different that Watergate or Iran-Contra was how much occurred during the campaign, after the election and before inauguration.  All these people were not all in government at the time.  That puts them at even greater legal risk.

Grey Fox

These people are traitors & in time will be judge as such.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2017, 09:31:30 AM
These people are traitors & in time will be judge as such.

Fireworks and a parade?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Possibly but that means they will have won.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Yes, I'm sure it's Sessions' fault.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 07, 2017, 09:37:24 AM

Yes, I'm sure it's Sessions' fault.

It is not his fault yankees are crafty and money-grubbing.

viper37

With Sessions at the DOJ, yes.
But he hasn't been vocally disloyal yet against Trump.

I think this will push him over the edge.   :weep:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2017, 09:22:27 AM

Pence was chairman of the transition team; if this goes as deep as it appears to keep going, he'll get wrapped up in it all, too.

Part of what makes this whole thing different that Watergate or Iran-Contra was how much occurred during the campaign, after the election and before inauguration.  All these people were not all in government at the time.  That puts them at even greater legal risk.

Not necessarily.  Mostly this just all comes down to Trump himself, and how he likes to keep things organized (or rather disorganized): with no clear lines of authority and multiple groups, all fighting to his support and attention.

There have been plenty of stories of Trump appointees doing the right thing, even if it upset Trump.  Take the Session story listed above.  Or here's another story about how the director of National Intelligence, and the director of the NSA (both Trump appointees), were asked by Trump to try and convince Comey to quash the Russia investigation.  Both refused.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/top-intelligence-official-told-associates-trump-asked-him-if-he-could-intervene-with-comey-to-get-fbi-to-back-off-flynn/2017/06/06/cc879f14-4ace-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html?utm_term=.d576f3adc3b4

Now, nothing is going to surprise me these days.  So maybe evidence linking Pence to Russia will come out.  But none has so far.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.