What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on June 07, 2017, 06:53:48 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2017, 12:16:18 PM
My money is on Pence being clean.  He was after all pretty much the guy who got Flynn fired.
That's my take too.  He may have committed some sins of omission, in not actively defying Trump when he should've, but that's probably as bad at it goes when it comes to the Russia thing with him.

I get the feeling that Pence isn't really in the loop.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2017, 06:24:47 PM
New low on the Trump Tracker

55.9% disapprove
38.3% approve

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

In a sane world, this guy should be getting single digits approval ratings. 

jimmy olsen

Trump is literally worse than Ebenezer Scrouge, has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars from charities for kids with cancer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#6f8601186b4a
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Trump's family is probably the most successful con enterprise in history.  That said, the hubris of their patriarch may yet prove to be their undoing.  Fingers crossed it will be.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2017, 02:38:39 PM
But we have a fair bit of evidence about what goes on in the White House.  The place leaks like a sieve under Trump.

Look, here's my theory of the entire Trump-Russia connection.  There's no outright treason going on here.  Trump isn't a Russian plant (and the Russians aren't actively blackmailing him).  His crazy Russophile tendencies are just part of what makes Trump be Trump.  He probably however does have a whole bunch of Russian money invested in his business though.

But anyways.  So Trump isn't actively in cahoots with the Russians.  But he's a kind of hands-off manager who likes to see his underlings fight for his respect.  So knowing this, several of his underlings (Flynn, Manafort, Kushner, possibly Sessions) have reached out on their own to try and cut some deals with the Russians.  Which Trump is now trying to cover up and shut down any investigation into.

But look at the people doing it.  Manafort sold his soul to foreign interests long ago.  Mike Flynn, well hell he might actually be a Russian agent at this point.  He had the numerous RT appearances, sitting beside Putin at an RT gala.  And Kushner, who just doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

I dunno - Pence seems like he's smart enough to not go and start blabbing to the Russians.  He's a polished enough politician to know you just can't do that.

But we'll see.  There's nothing that will shock me at this point.

Oh yes. The Leader surely did not know about any of the wrongdoings, he would not let his people down! It's all just evil ministers.

Malthus

Saw a Trump supporting talking head on TV. I was only paying partial attention, but the argument he was making had me staggered - basically, it boiled down to 'nothing Trump did was illegal, because he's the President, and anything the President does is legal unless Congress impeaches him; and given that loyal Republicans control Congress, that isn't going to happen'.

So, the President can strip naked, paint himself blue, and walk down the street on his way to handing the country's accumulated secrets over to the Russians, pausing only to shoot passers-by in the face - and it's legal, because he's the President?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

I seem to recall Richard Nixon made the same argument.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on June 08, 2017, 08:13:17 AM
Saw a Trump supporting talking head on TV. I was only paying partial attention, but the argument he was making had me staggered - basically, it boiled down to 'nothing Trump did was illegal, because he's the President, and anything the President does is legal unless Congress impeaches him; and given that loyal Republicans control Congress, that isn't going to happen'.

So, the President can strip naked, paint himself blue, and walk down the street on his way to handing the country's accumulated secrets over to the Russians, pausing only to shoot passers-by in the face - and it's legal, because he's the President?  :hmm:

It's an old sentiment
Quote"We elect a king every four years," Secretary of State William H. Seward told a London Times correspondent during the Civil War, "and give him absolute power within certain limits, which after all he can interpret for himself."

1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

There's supposedly a massive line to get into the room hosting the Comey testimony, even though all 90 seats or so have been taken already. The first person in line got there at 4:15am.

People and bars in DC are hosting Comey watch parties and early happy hours.

Seriously, fuck DC. Jesus.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 08, 2017, 08:29:02 AM
There's supposedly a massive line to get into the room hosting the Comey testimony, even though all 90 seats or so have been taken already. The first person in line got there at 4:15am.

People and bars in DC are hosting Comey watch parties and early happy hours.

Seriously, fuck DC. Jesus.

Fuck?

This is wonderful!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

QuoteDPRK News Service @DPRK_News
·
36m

US secret police chief James Comey expected to testify against Donald Trump assisted by anatomically correct doll, and therapy dog "Hubert."
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Hearing has starte- wwwait?! Is that the Undertaker's music?? :o
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on June 07, 2017, 04:48:31 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 07, 2017, 03:46:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 07, 2017, 01:53:32 PMUm, absence of any evidence?

Well, the investigation is only getting started so it's a bit early to draw any conclusions, I'd think.

This is what gets me about the whole thing. People like DerSpiess and others who have no clue as to how these investigations usually work out have been screaming themselves red over there not being evidence...yet they are the same people that wanted multiple Benghazi investigations, ignore obvious signs of malfeasance in the Trump campaign, and essentially want an end to the entire Russia scandal before any conclusions have been drawn one way or the other.

If it were Hillary in Trump's position, we all know how they'd react, and it wouldn't be the same at all.

Keep in mind we're talking Pence here, not Trump.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall