What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

If the Deep State was real, how come it didn't block Trump from getting elected?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2017, 05:39:01 PM
If the Deep State was real, how come it didn't block Trump from getting elected?

It fabricated over 3 million illegal votes but it just wasn't enough to stop the awesomeness of Trump.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2017, 05:39:01 PM

Hey, if everybody used perfect logic all the time, Grumbler would be out of a schtick.
Experience bij!

Grallon

The American Republic will crumble under the weight of its own internal contradictions...

Too much money given leeway;
Too much 1st Amendment freedom without 1st Amendment responsibilities;
Too many weapons allowed;

America, your comeuppance is drawing near!

A part of me will grieve... but most of me will be immensely gratified when it happens.  You can't go around preaching when your own heart is diseased right?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

Somebody didn't get laid this weekend.

DGuller

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 05, 2017, 09:36:43 AM
I heard this earlier and thought it was apt: Donald is one of those people who always, always, always, raises in Poker.  :lol:
I made this analogy in the election thread soon after Trump won, when Beeb was trying to make me admit that Trump must be a little smart to win.  Trump is like Jerry Yang;  sure, you can appear to be crazy like a fox for quite a while, but eventually you'll be revealed as just plain crazy guy whose luck was just extremely tardy at running out.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 10:33:36 AM
You joke but I am serious. I have always had a hard time understanding the logic behind supporting and celebrating somebody like Trump. Is this what they had in mind when they elected him? I guess it is and my expectations that this is an embarrassing amateur hour clown-show that is obvious to everybody is misplaced. But maybe I am wrong and there is a line Donald could cross. I just do not know what it is.
It's not stupidity so much as it is insanity.  The key to insanity is falling into a set of prior beliefs that just cannot be falsified by reality.  We observe Trump being an unmitigated disaster, Trump voters observe liberals being hysterical about anything that Trump does.  Neither set of prior beliefs gets chipped away by reality.

Grallon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2017, 06:20:57 PM
Somebody didn't get laid this weekend.

Ah!  I haven't gotten laid in over 10 years...  So you can imagine how frustrated I am now dear Money.  However, do not try to sidetrack my comment.  You guys are in such a bad shape!  I consistently read the comments' section of most media outlets, 'fake' or otherwise, and I cannot fail to notice the level of hatred that now exist between the 'liberals' and 'trumptards'; 'Civil War' levels of hatred...  it's as if both camps are living in completely different countries...  This doesn't bode well!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

The FBI really needs to wipe that silly ass smirk off Carter Page's face.  Something is very wrong with him.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grallon on June 05, 2017, 06:31:23 PM
Ah!  I haven't gotten laid in over 10 years...  So you can imagine how frustrated I am now dear Money.  However, do not try to sidetrack my comment.  You guys are in such a bad shape!  I consistently read the comments' section of most media outlets, 'fake' or otherwise, and I cannot fail to notice the level of hatred that now exist between the 'liberals' and 'trumptards'; 'Civil War' levels of hatred...  it's as if both camps are living in completely different countries...  This doesn't bode well!

G.

I already told you mutts we'll be dead by September.  Enjoy the fallout.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2017, 06:32:30 PM

G.

in nearly every american movie I saw, whenever there was a catastrophe, like a nuclear meltdown or a biological attack, it always stopped right at the border.  All of the US was red, but Canada was left pristine, intact.

That magical barrier of ours will protect us from your evil ways!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

It's that 20 foot dead tree zone. It contains voodoo spells.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2017, 06:31:42 PM
The FBI really needs to wipe that silly ass smirk off Carter Page's face.  Something is very wrong with him.

I just saw him on Chris Mathew's show (my mom watches a lot of MSNBC).  That was a surreal interview.  Page looked like some kid trying to spin lies in a police interrogation room.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on June 05, 2017, 07:03:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2017, 06:32:30 PM

G.

in nearly every american movie I saw, whenever there was a catastrophe, like a nuclear meltdown or a biological attack, it always stopped right at the border.  All of the US was red, but Canada was left pristine, intact.

That magical barrier of ours will protect us from your evil ways!

You're imagining things. Canada doesn't exist in those movies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on June 05, 2017, 07:17:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2017, 06:31:42 PM

I just saw him on Chris Mathew's show (my mom watches a lot of MSNBC).  That was a surreal interview.  Page looked like some kid trying to spin lies in a police interrogation room.

I'm not sure he can make the connection between being the center of attention and possibly going to jail.