News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Trump's base would let him pee in their mouths as long as they believed liberals would find it gross.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on June 05, 2017, 10:56:19 AM
Trump's base would let him pee in their mouths as long as they believed liberals would find it gross.

Sure. A hard core. But 40% of the country?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on June 05, 2017, 10:56:00 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 09:51:03 AM
Yet 40+% of Americans supposedly think he is doing a great job. I wonder what it would take? What sorts of things would Trump have to do for them to disapprove?
ban the sale of fully automatic weapons?  forbid discrimination against blacks, gays, transgenders? push for seperation of State and Church everywhere in the US? that kind of horrible crimes, I think.

He does have big city instincts so I suppose a step too far left might happen. I guess I should look for things Donald does that I actually approve of :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

I think the name Khan has become something of a red flag for him.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on June 05, 2017, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 10:33:36 AM
You joke but I am serious. I have always had a hard time understanding the logic behind supporting and celebrating somebody like Trump. Is this what they had in mind when they elected him? I guess it is and my expectations that this is an embarrassing amateur hour clown-show that is obvious to everybody is misplaced. But maybe I am wrong and there is a line Donald could cross. I just do not know what it is.

Also, I guess, if you only watch Fox News and read Breitbart or some shit, then his presidency must be a string of glorious successes one after the other.

I'm fairly certain Fox reported the courts blocking his travel ban and the House rescinding a planned vote on health care.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Yet 40+% of Americans supposedly think he is doing a great job. I wonder what it would take? What sorts of things would Trump have to do for them to disapprove?
ban the sale of fully automatic weapons?  forbid discrimination against blacks, gays, transgenders? push for seperation of State and Church everywhere in the US? that kind of horrible crimes, I think.

Fully automatic weapons are banned in the US.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: alfred russel on June 05, 2017, 11:14:05 AM

That's gay. Even in Sweden it's possible (but difficult) to buy fully automatic weapons legally.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

really?  and people tolerate this unwanted restriction of their freedom?  damn.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Just need to apply for a Federal Firearms License.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on June 05, 2017, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 10:33:36 AM
You joke but I am serious. I have always had a hard time understanding the logic behind supporting and celebrating somebody like Trump. Is this what they had in mind when they elected him? I guess it is and my expectations that this is an embarrassing amateur hour clown-show that is obvious to everybody is misplaced. But maybe I am wrong and there is a line Donald could cross. I just do not know what it is.

Also, I guess, if you only watch Fox News and read Breitbart or some shit, then his presidency must be a string of glorious successes one after the other.

No, not really.

More like his Presidency is a effort to Make America Great Again stymied by the Fake News MSM and Deep State obstructionists.

Which, really, is maybe more terrifying than Trump.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

I check out Breitbart once in a while.  It's like they're covering a whole different world.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Website called The Intercept (never heard of it before - apparently funded by a eBay billionaire, has previously posted a lot of Snowden material) is posting excepts from an NSA report detailing Russian (GRU specifically) attempts to phish data and plant malware in voting device manufacturers, and in turn, local electoral officials in the days leading up to the US election.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2017, 04:17:46 PM
I check out Breitbart once in a while.  It's like they're covering a whole different world.

They really aren't keen on Blacks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Looks like a slow but steady errosion of support

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 05, 2017, 11:05:18 AM
I'm fairly certain Fox reported the courts blocking his travel ban and the House rescinding a planned vote on health care.

To hear them tell it, Teh Evol Deep State used Liberal Court Bias (super-effective!) to block Trump's security measures and weaken national security. And a bunch of RINOs showed their true colors by insisting on continuing the legacy of Obamacare.
Experience bij!