How large will Clinton win over Trump in the popular vote?

Started by mongers, October 20, 2016, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will Clinton's victory be over Trump  in the popular vote, as a percentage?

15% or more
4 (7.8%)
12 - 14.99%
3 (5.9%)
10 - 11.99%
8 (15.7%)
8 - 9.99%
4 (7.8%)
6 - 7.99%
10 (19.6%)
5 - 5.99%
5 (9.8%)
4 - 4.99%
3 (5.9%)
3 - 3.99%
1 (2%)
2 - 2.99%
3 (5.9%)
1 - 1.99%
0 (0%)
0.01 - 0.99%
0 (0%)
Deadheat,  say +0.0099 - -0.0099
0 (0%)
Trump wins a Plurality  (Jaron option?)
10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Martinus

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 20, 2016, 09:17:26 PM
Trump will pull it out, the sea will overtake Miami, and most ominously of all, the Cubs will win the World Series.  :ph34r:

2 of 3 have already happened, look out Miami.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Martim Silva

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2016, 11:36:36 PM
So who here got it right?

From the posts, Siege got it 100% right.

And got ignored by people who kept saying that Clinton was going to win handily.  :D

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2016, 08:17:12 AM
Around 6%, she'll have an Electoral College landslide, but won't win the popular vote.

Well, I was right about the not winning the popular vote.   :(

(I had meant majority of the popular vote, it looks like she will win the plurality of the popular vote.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2016, 11:36:36 PM
So who here got it right?

As of right now "Dead heat" is the correct answer; Hil is up by about .1% of the popular vote.  No one picked that (as of right now  ;).)

Edit:  Misread that the correct answer should have been 0.01 - 0.99% - which no one has picked (as of right now.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Duque de Bragança

saskganesh

I didn't vote, but I thought she'd win by a convincing 5%.
humans were created in their own image

derspiess

The Huffington Puffington Post gave Hillary a 98.0% chance of winning last night.  Just 1.7% for Trump

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2016/forecast/president

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zoupa

Their model was kinda crap, BUT to be fair, lots and lots of polls were off by around 5%, sometimes more. I guess the shy Trump voter was a thing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2016, 01:24:43 PM
Their model was kinda crap, BUT to be fair, lots and lots of polls were off by around 5%, sometimes more. I guess the shy Trump voter was a thing.

Polling is tough when people aren't honest about their answers.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2016, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2016, 01:24:43 PM

Polling is tough when people aren't honest about their answers.
and here I thought US pollsters were the Thing, compared Yuros&Canuckistanis pollsters who keep getting it wrong...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2016, 09:29:49 PM
This is my map prediction for the election

375 Clinton, 157 Trump, 6 McMullin

For the record.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"