How large will Clinton win over Trump in the popular vote?

Started by mongers, October 20, 2016, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will Clinton's victory be over Trump  in the popular vote, as a percentage?

15% or more
4 (7.8%)
12 - 14.99%
3 (5.9%)
10 - 11.99%
8 (15.7%)
8 - 9.99%
4 (7.8%)
6 - 7.99%
10 (19.6%)
5 - 5.99%
5 (9.8%)
4 - 4.99%
3 (5.9%)
3 - 3.99%
1 (2%)
2 - 2.99%
3 (5.9%)
1 - 1.99%
0 (0%)
0.01 - 0.99%
0 (0%)
Deadheat,  say +0.0099 - -0.0099
0 (0%)
Trump wins a Plurality  (Jaron option?)
10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 20, 2016, 09:01:28 PM
I already bet my old man a hundred that Hillary is gonna win. So no Yi bets for me.

10%. I guess.

WHOOPS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2016, 01:19:01 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 06, 2016, 12:48:05 PM
Interesting that since I bumped this thread today, two of the four new votes have been for a trump victory, whereas previously just five out of the forty had gone for that prediction.

I live in a state where the registered Democrats outnumber the registered Republicans by a margin surpassed only by Massachusetts, and we have a Republican governor.  Why?  Because Republicans were energized with anti-Malleyism, and Democrats stayed home because Brown was as inspiring as a can of paint.
Same thing will happen on Tuesday in just enough states for Trump to win. 
Pure hatred for Clinton and the pure hatred for the accelerating progressiveness of American society will ensure that, yes, someone like Donald J. Trump will occupy the same office of Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Kennedy, Reagan.  Horrifying, dumbfounding, and sad.

Also for the record.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

It's kinda fucked up if we can't rely on polls so much to shape policy and impact. Maybe the Scots go for a second referendum thinking they're at 60+ and end up getting a cold shower again for example. Bleh.

Phillip V

Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2016, 12:27:17 AM
It's kinda fucked up if we can't rely on polls so much to shape policy and impact. Maybe the Scots go for a second referendum thinking they're at 60+ and end up getting a cold shower again for example. Bleh.

Brain chips.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on November 09, 2016, 07:46:55 PM
For the record.

I'd like to point out that Tim wasn't the only one who thought Trump would lose Utah. :jaron:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2016, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2016, 01:24:43 PM
Their model was kinda crap, BUT to be fair, lots and lots of polls were off by around 5%, sometimes more. I guess the shy Trump voter was a thing.

Polling is tough when people aren't honest about their answers.

I think it's less about people not being honest as people just telling pollsters to fuck off.

Martinus

Quote from: Fate on November 06, 2016, 10:38:48 AM
Quote from: Siege on November 06, 2016, 10:37:04 AM
Quote from: Zanza on November 06, 2016, 06:49:04 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2016, 08:30:33 PM
How confident are we in our various predictions now?
I had apparently picked 8-9.99%, which I don't expect to happen anymore. It will be much closer, but I still expect Clinton to win both the popular vote and the electoral college.

Keep dreaming.

This election is in the bag for the Trumpminator.
The American people are waking up at last.

yes, the election is in the bag for trump. in the imaginary alt-right world where women and hispanics don't vote...

:lol:

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 10:12:44 AM
The Huffington Puffington Post gave Hillary a 98.0% chance of winning last night.  Just 1.7% for Trump

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2016/forecast/president

With a diverse editorial board like this, how could they got it so wrong?  :hmm:

Zoupa

Yes Mart. Let's fire a couple of those qualified people that just happen to have a vagina to put Johnny Reb from Methtown, Oklahoma instead. To get a pulse of what the "real" America is thinking.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2016, 03:06:44 AM
Yes Mart. Let's fire a couple of those qualified people that just happen to have a vagina to put Johnny Reb from Methtown, Oklahoma instead. To get a pulse of what the "real" America is thinking.

Relax, man. You always read everything in the worst possible way. This photo made rounds few months ago because the author of the photo was actually using it to brag about the composition of the editorial board - at that time people thought it was funny and/or outrageous (I thought the former). I was just reusing the old meme.

celedhring

HuffPo has a shitload of male editors, moreover, it has a shitload of editors - a laughable amount for a single media outlet actually. They just probably sat several of the females together for the photo.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2016, 01:24:43 PM
I guess the shy Trump voter was a thing.

Not really, he got less votes than Romney. Democratic turnout collapsed, and outside North Carolina, it can't in any significant way be blamed on Republican suppression.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2016, 04:04:40 AMNot really, he got less votes than Romney. Democratic turnout collapsed, and outside North Carolina, it can't in any significant way be blamed on Republican suppression.

Trump's gambit paid off, his vote totals dropped in secure red states but he compensated for it in the swing states.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.