How large will Clinton win over Trump in the popular vote?

Started by mongers, October 20, 2016, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will Clinton's victory be over Trump  in the popular vote, as a percentage?

15% or more
4 (7.8%)
12 - 14.99%
3 (5.9%)
10 - 11.99%
8 (15.7%)
8 - 9.99%
4 (7.8%)
6 - 7.99%
10 (19.6%)
5 - 5.99%
5 (9.8%)
4 - 4.99%
3 (5.9%)
3 - 3.99%
1 (2%)
2 - 2.99%
3 (5.9%)
1 - 1.99%
0 (0%)
0.01 - 0.99%
0 (0%)
Deadheat,  say +0.0099 - -0.0099
0 (0%)
Trump wins a Plurality  (Jaron option?)
10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 10:10:11 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2016, 09:18:53 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2016, 03:18:32 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2016, 02:53:59 PM
I don't want to tempt fate.  I have experienced a recent Provincial election here that was badly misjudged by the pollsters.

I'm assuming a typical yokel Canuck pollster just drives by the local lumber mill and hollers "Who ya votin for eh?" and vaguely judges a response before driving on. Here in America we kinda know what we're doing with polls.

One more thing I don't understand about Americans.

That post was literally designed to draw you out.

I know, that is the thing I don't understand, its like you have all become Grumbler.

alfred russel

Quote from: Zoupa on November 06, 2016, 03:39:20 PM

Nate Silver constantly underrated Trump during the Republican primaries. You also have a lot of partisan polling research, which seems pretty illogical.

Your polling's not all that.

Nate Silver isn't a pollster. During the primaries he consistently discounted Trump's odds despite Trump polling in the lead. That isn't an indictment of US polling--if anything that works in its defense.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

OttoVonBismarck

Note that Silver was actually going off the numbers in the primaries, too. Up to the point he was making his editorial prognostications, he was going off the fact that Trump had been sitting in the low 30s and hadn't realized gains even as the primary field narrowed. His belief was there was a "ceiling" of support for the Republican candidate, and that as the other candidates were winnowed out one of them would eventually have a larger vote share and knock him out of the race.

It wasn't a baseless thought, he was just wrong--there wasn't really a ceiling. Too many people also stayed in too long. By the time it was only Cruz, Kasich, and Trump the math on any of them beating Trump was very bad. There was a chance late that Cruz could've finished strong and denied Trump the nomination, but there appeared (at least to me) to be a significant backlash from Republican voters when the Cruz and Kasich campaigns started colluding not to try and win a delegate majority of their own but simply to work together to deny Trump one. He ended up winning Indiana and a few other states by absolute majorities and was then on track to win an outright majority.

Before that, the projections based on state polling suggested Trump would finish with a plurality of the votes but had little chance of the majority.

Alcibiades

According to CNN Trump announces Brady AND Bellicheat endorsing him.   :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 08, 2016, 12:19:42 AM
According to CNN Trump announces Brady AND Bellicheat endorsing him.   :yuk:

Hopefully that loses Pennsylvania and Ohio for Trump :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

So there was nothing to these last minute allegations about emails coming from the New-York FBI office after all... 

I recently saw a Youtube clip where one guy, who used to work for the Clintons since the Arkensas days, said this would turn out exactly like that.  He said the whole thing was organized to make Hillary look like the underdog and bolster support for her.

Whatever comes tonight the aftermath should be interesting.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on November 08, 2016, 09:21:15 AM
So there was nothing to these last minute allegations about emails coming from the New-York FBI office after all... 

I recently saw a Youtube clip where one guy, who used to work for the Clintons since the Arkensas days, said this would turn out exactly like that.  He said the whole thing was organized to make Hillary look like the underdog and bolster support for her.

Whatever comes tonight the aftermath should be interesting.

G.

The claim this guy made is that the Clinton strategy was to blow a large lead just before the election so that she could look like an underdog?  I think we can understand whey he no longer works for the Clintons - assuming he ever did.

mongers

I think it would be good is someone with a lot more knowledge of US politics than me, constructed a prediction poll/thread for electoral college and congressional results.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 08, 2016, 09:54:25 AM
The claim this guy made is that the Clinton strategy was to blow a large lead just before the election so that she could look like an underdog?  I think we can understand whey he no longer works for the Clintons - assuming he ever did.

:lol:  It's so crazy it just might work!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2016, 02:53:59 PM
I don't want to tempt fate.  I have experienced a recent Provincial election here that was badly misjudged by the pollsters.

:whistle:

Grey Fox

I voted this : Trump wins a Plurality  (Jaron option?)
- 8 (16.3%)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

I'm glad I didn't make any predictions this time around.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers