Who Is The Most Reviled Person in Your Country's History?

Started by Admiral Yi, September 20, 2016, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Prompted by the Benedict Arnold thread.  Answer either for yourself or for the country as a whole.

For the US: Lee Harvey Oswald?  Nixon?  Bull Connor? Tokyo Rose? The Koch brothers?  The creator of Family Circus?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2016, 08:25:46 PM
Prompted by the Benedict Arnold thread.  Answer either for yourself or for the country as a whole.

For the US: Lee Harvey Oswald?  Nixon?  Bull Connor? Tokyo Rose? The Koch brothers?  The creator of Family Circus?

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grinning_Colossus

That lady who didn't watch her kids at the zoo. RIP Harambe.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

Surely it has to be a figure from the Civil War, though who that figure is will differ depending on how you view that conflict.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

In Canada, definitely Karla Homolka.

But historically, Canada has very few reviled, loathsome characters (except Adrien Arcand, which I suspect no one now remembers).

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 20, 2016, 08:33:37 PM

Surely it has to be a figure from the Civil War, though who that figure is will differ depending on how you view that conflict.

Well who would it be?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Grinning_Colossus

Maybe Nathan Bedford Forrest. He doesn't have many fans these days.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

11B4V

11B4V

CountDeMoney

I think it would probably be a generational thing.  Plenty of Boomers still see LBJ/Nixon in their nightmares, depending on their side of the aisle.  Or Dick Cheney/Bill Clinton.  Or, in grumbler's case, nobody else remembers how much of a fucking asshole Aaron Burr was.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2016, 08:49:57 PM
I think it would probably be a generational thing.  Plenty of Boomers still see LBJ/Nixon in their nightmares, depending on their side of the aisle.  Or Dick Cheney/Bill Clinton.  Or, in grumbler's case, nobody else remembers how much of a fucking asshole Aaron Burr was.
How political of you.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"